Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnofficial SNES9X GX Edition - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

I want to makeit so that the analog trim (or whatever it's called) starts at 50 not 70, which file would I edit in the source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaSno View Post
    Can someone tell me exactly how to install this on my SD card? I put it on my SD card but every time I start up the Twilight Hack it says

Start Cluster = ffff

over and over and then I have to shut off my Wii.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I really want to play SNES games on my Wii.

Also I formated my SD card to FAT16
    Did you rename the .elf file to boot.elf and put it in the root of your SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by crouchingleech View Post
    Did you rename the .elf file to boot.elf and put it in the root of your SD card?
    Yes I tried that also and I still get the same error

I finally got it to work

Personally i believe this is the greatest thing ever. by thing i mean the existence of Homebrew and you vicious and your caring for those of us who don't have SD Geckos or USB Geckos. Thanks. You are the ultimate

Hey, Vicious... Don't get me wrong (I'm just brainstorming), but I think there's a chance that the reason Nintendo brand memory cards are unsupported has something to do with the fix you did to get saves working.

When I attempt to save the SRAM on versions 2 and 3 without a memory card in, I get the "unable to mount" error just like in version 4... But when I try WITH the card in, I don't get the error. It just freezes. This makes me think that V2 and V3 read/mount the card, and lock up when trying to write to or load from it.

This would explain why it works when I run the Gamecube versions, but not on the latest build for the Wii.

Again, I could be horribly wrong. It's just food for thought.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into it so far.
    Last edited by DimensionT; April 3rd, 2008 at 01:45.

Technically all the code to save SRAM is the same it was when I started working on the menu. Something bugged it out along the way and I stumbled upon a fix. Basically upon starting the emulator (not emulation) the program trys to load the SRAM save for the default color test rom.

This rom doesn't follow my "roms/" directory rule and hence does not cause a problem with mounting. After it fails to load you can successfully save and load other SRAM files.

If you want I can PM you a build that displays the messages at startup so you can check if it successfully mounts your card or not. If it does you would receive 1 mount failed message, if it doesn't you receive 2 (it trys to load from both Slot A and B so they can both be used).

Yeah, man. Send it over and I'll run some tests. Could be something fishy going on with my card. I'll try booting up the Gamecube version again to see if it still works on that too.

EDIT: I just booted up the Gamecube version and loaded my Tales Of Phantasia SRAM on my first try. So there's nothing wrong with the card.
    Last edited by DimensionT; April 3rd, 2008 at 02:01.

just curious vicious is there some sort of way to fix the sound because when i play some games like secret of evermore the sound is rough and the background sound/music is really loud.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vicious1988 View Post
    Technically all the code to save SRAM is the same it was when I started working on the menu. Something bugged it out along the way and I stumbled upon a fix. Basically upon starting the emulator (not emulation) the program trys to load the SRAM save for the default color test rom.

This rom doesn't follow my "roms/" directory rule and hence does not cause a problem with mounting. After it fails to load you can successfully save and load other SRAM files.

If you want I can PM you a build that displays the messages at startup so you can check if it successfully mounts your card or not. If it does you would receive 1 mount failed message, if it doesn't you receive 2 (it trys to load from both Slot A and B so they can both be used).
    I'm interested too. I have two official Nintendo brand ones I could test it out on.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information