Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnofficial SNES9X GX Edition - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

DCEmu Newbie

I'm getting a weird error that no one else is. I'm trying to run roms from the front slot. I have them in a folder called "roms" at root. I've made sure all weird characters are taken out.

When I go to the menu and choose the "load from front" option I get a lot of numbers and at the bottom it says "waiting for pad".. then after a while the word "reset" appears underneath it. I can't do anything from there but turn the Wii off.

It may be worth mentioning that I'm trying to run this from the Homebrew Channel.

DCEmu Newbie

Also, I just tried running it from twilight princess and I get a different error.

When i choose "load from front" mario stops spinning and nothing comes up. If I press a button I get this error:
    "f_stat failed error 1"

i have the same problem vanilla was getting and i have no idea how to fix it. it just stays on that start_cluster screen no matter what. i've put the snes9x.elf file in the root directory and renamed it to boot.elf. i also tried it with the roms in a snen9x/roms folder and then antohetr time just with a "roms" folder and it crashed both times. someone please help.

could the reason i have other files on my SD card be the problem? also does the snes9x.dol file need to be used cause i didn't put that anywhere.
    Last edited by misticknight; April 3rd, 2008 at 04:36.

Quote Originally Posted by misticknight View Post
    i have the same problem vanilla was getting and i have no idea how to fix it. it just stays on that start_cluster screen no matter what. i've put the snes9x.elf file in the root directory and renamed it to boot.elf. i also tried it with the roms in a snen9x/roms folder and then antohetr time just with a "roms" folder and it crashed both times. someone please help.

could the reason i have other files on my SD card be the problem? also does the snes9x.dol file need to be used cause i didn't put that anywhere.
    I'm not sure what the solution is but I know that the problem isn't where you keep roms or the .dol. The emulator will run even if you don't have roms, it just won't be able to load any once it's running if they're not there. [Edit: I know this because the first time I accidentally called the directory "rom" instead of "roms" and I didn't get an error till I tried to load from front inside the emulator.]

.dol files are for gamecube, .elf files are for wii. You're right, you don't need to do anything with snes9x.dol.

It doesn't matter that you have other files on your sd card either.

Are you sure that your elf isn't named "boot.elf.elf"? I made that mistake once... Other then that I'm not sure what it could be.
    Last edited by crouchingleech; April 3rd, 2008 at 07:18. Reason: clarification

nah it's definatly boot.elf. the only thing i can think of that it may be then, cause i know i'm doing everything right, is the SD card itself. but it's a 2GB Kingston made in Japan so i'm pretty sure it should be good enough. i'll wait a while to see if anyonek nows though.

if anyone can give me a step by step guide just incase i missed a simple step (for example what crouching said above with elf.elf by mistake, even though i didn't do that i may have made a small mistake i missed). i dont understand why it's doing this, i also tried it with tetris and it still done the same thing so it's not just the snes9x.elf file thats fr sure. the mistake must be coming from something else.
    Last edited by misticknight; April 3rd, 2008 at 11:06.

snkngshps: That's strange. The blank screen indicates that it is at the menu that displays everything in the roms folder. The f_stat error pops up when you choose a corrupt file or a slot that is blank (which all of them are according to what you are saying). I honestly don't know what the problem is.

chronogimp: The audio streams I haven't played with. If you've ever tried NBA Jam with it occasionally you can hear the background noises, squeaks, and dribbling.
    Last edited by vicious1988; April 3rd, 2008 at 19:44.

Hey guys. I'm having a trouble getting roms to work. I got the emulator started, but it freezes when I try to load a rom. Where do I put my roms at? And in the readme it told me to create a GAME.DOL, but on command prompt it wouldn't do anything with the last line for the game.dol. Is there a rom that everyone has gotten to work?

When i choose "load from front" mario stops spinning and nothing comes up. If I press a button I get this error:
    "f_stat failed error 1"
    I get this problem too. When I click load from front very, very quickly you can see some text flash "f_opendir() failed. Does roms/ exist?" I'm guessing that I need to put another /roms directory somewhere on my SD card.

Okay, first off the DOL is for Gamecube, not Wii. You can ignore the readme since it is really old. Copy the elf file to your SDCard and rename it boot.elf. Next copy your roms to a directory called roms in the root or the SDCard. Now it should work fine.

Soo..anybody have estimates on when official gamecube memory cards'll be supported? (That means estimates, no "when it's done" bullcrap, just a guessing game is all)

My estimate is within 1 or 2 months.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information