Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnofficial SNES9X GX Edition - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Quote Originally Posted by vicious1988 View Post
    Okay, first off the DOL is for Gamecube, not Wii. You can ignore the readme since it is really old. Copy the elf file to your SDCard and rename it boot.elf. Next copy your roms to a directory called roms in the root or the SDCard. Now it should work fine.
    Alright, I copied my roms into a directory called roms in the root of my SD card, but now the emulator won't load. I'm stuck on the black screen with white writing, and it keeps repeating the lines "start cluster = aaaa" with a bunch of lines with a bunch of 0000000's after it.

Another one? Your elf is just "boot.elf", right? not "boot.elf.elf"? And I assume you are using Twilight hack 3a or 3b right? And your SDCard must be 2gb or less and format FAT16 (just called FAT in Windows' format tool) or FAT32 (only available if using Twilight Hack 3b).

Quote Originally Posted by vicious1988 View Post
    Another one? Your elf is just "boot.elf", right? not "boot.elf.elf"? And I assume you are using Twilight hack 3a or 3b right? And your SDCard must be 2gb or less and format FAT16 (just called FAT in Windows' format tool) or FAT32 (only available if using Twilight Hack 3b).
    Fixed it. When I made the roms directory in the root of my SD card, I didn't copy over the COL15.SMC and the other file along with my rom. Once I copied those over, it worked perfectly.

Another question. Is SNES the only emulator that currently works through TP?
    Last edited by OutPhaseIccy; April 3rd, 2008 at 20:23.

outphaste could you please tell me exactly what you did to fix your problem cause i'm stuck where you were with the start_cluster messages.

Quote Originally Posted by misticknight View Post
    outphaste could you please tell me exactly what you did to fix your problem cause i'm stuck where you were with the start_cluster messages.
    When I go into my SD card, I have the files boot.elf (which was the snes.elf or whatever), a roms directory which has the files 'COL15.SMC' 'snesrom' and all of my other roms (the first two aren't roms). Then the other folder I have is the snesgx_Support_FrontSD. I didn't change anything in that folder.

That's on my Nintendo SD card. However, with the same files on the SD card I use for my phone, I get the error start cluster = 0000 over and over again. Not sure why it only works on my nintendo card.

Alright, on my other SD card, when I try to load the emulator, it says start cluster = 0000 over and over, then after about 20 seconds it says:

"FAT_ReadFile(boot.elf) failed with error -1"
    "## No elf image at address 90100000"
    "DOL image detected?"
    "loading binary file.."

And now it's just stuck there, has been for 5 minutes. What could be the problem?
    Last edited by OutPhaseIccy; April 3rd, 2008 at 21:27.

if its working on one SD card and not the other then i'm just going to presume thats were my problem lies, however just out of curiosity what is this COL15.smc file? maybe if i try adding that it'll work but i doubt it i've heard noone else mention that.

snesgx_Support_FrontSD is the folder containing the source code. You don't need that. COL15.smc is the color test rom, it is embeded in the elf file and doesn't need copied over. snesrom.s I'm not sure what it is but that doesn't need copied since it is also embeded.

All you should need is your boot.elf and your roms folder containing, well, your roms. I know that some SDCards may not work properly but that is very rare.

Also, if you copied over the .DOL file included I'd recommend deleting it, that could cause a conflict.
    Last edited by vicious1988; April 3rd, 2008 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by misticknight View Post
    if its working on one SD card and not the other then i'm just going to presume thats were my problem lies, however just out of curiosity what is this COL15.smc file? maybe if i try adding that it'll work but i doubt it i've heard noone else mention that.
    It was just in my roms file when I downloaded the files found on the first page of this topic.

As for it being a rare occasion that SD cards don't work, could it be that my card is actually a Micro SD card in a normal SD Card shell? Its essentially an SD card, its just smaller, so I don't see what the problem is.
    Last edited by OutPhaseIccy; April 3rd, 2008 at 21:39.

DCEmu Newbie

I had to put the roms in /snes/roms (I think)

However, I have been playing around with it(litterally) for some time now, and there are a few bugs to work out, but they are bearable.

First, in streetfighter 2, it freeze for a few seconds after "Fight" is displayed. In Starfox, it slows down at random, but then goes back up. And in StarOcean, the sound(mainly the voice playbacks) jumps back half a second at random, and the sound sometimes gets distorted(you should note thet StarOcean is hacked for english text)

Other than that i haven't really noticed anything other than random freezes when/after loading a game.

But hey, it's still pretty awesome to have emulators up and running at full speed after, what, 2-3 months with TRUE Wii homebrew(and a method that doesnt break your warranty to!)

Weird, if I load the emulator from my working SD card, then insert my non-working SD card, everything works (except for the saving still).

Is there any way to save yet through SD?

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information