Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OpenTTD DS Alpha 6

Blog Entries

NDS OpenTTD DS Alpha 6

The port of Transport Tycoon to the Nintendo DS has been updated, heres whats new:

Changelog for Alpha 6:

based on r12452 (internal rev1926)

the NDS port now has a different toolbar, more suitable for the small screen

for better access with the touchscreen the toolbars have been moved to the bottom screen

a fully customizable on-screen keyboard has been added (click on a text field to open it)

a newsticker display on the lower screen has been added

some windows have been adapted for the NDS screen (more will follow in future releases):

intro menu

game creation menu

minimap

build vehicle window

when building depots and stations only one preview image is shown which you can rotate by clicking on it

information regarding accepted cargo when building a station is displayed as icons now

switching screens (left shoulder button L) now only switches the windows

many windows (e.g. confirmation dialogs) are now centered on the bottom screen

the amount of free ram (in kb) is displayed in the middle of the status bar. This is only a temporary change to help with tracking down a memory leak

additionally you can view some memory information by pressing the B button

always use new global pathfinder (NPF). the original TTD pathfinder crashes due to too many recursions

fixed loading screen glitch

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

I dont understand how to make this game work! Can anyone help me?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBAlden View Post
    I dont understand how to make this game work! Can anyone help me?
    You have to have the files from the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe; as it's still under copyright, it would be illegal to distribute them.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybud4 View Post
    You have to have the files from the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe; as it's still under copyright, it would be illegal to distribute them.
    I never understood how if that is the case, why is there a stickied topic a the OTT forums (accesible from the original post) where they provide you with links to pages where you can dl it. Guess they aren't too worried about illegality over there.

DCEmu Newbie

I found all that out and did all that but now it says something like. "cant open cfg file pls copy on root directory". The problem is i had already copied it when it said that. IT MAKES ME WANT 2 RIP MY HAIR OUT!!! why cant people put stuff like this in one convinient file...(sigh)

DCEmu Newbie

http://www.esoftinteractive.com/openttd.html

not sure if these work but it's free to download. i'll try it and let you know

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Voe View Post
    I never understood how if that is the case, why is there a stickied topic a the OTT forums (accesible from the original post) where they provide you with links to pages where you can dl it. Guess they aren't too worried about illegality over there.
    I fail to see any notion of a location to download the original files on the forums.
    I do see it being mentioned several times that doing that would be illegal, however.
    Provide me a link to this thread, perhaps?
    Ironliam, I checked that link, that's just a version of OTTD for Palm OS. Read the notice near the bottom, it says that it needs the files we are speaking of.
    Sir Voe, I believe you are seeing the OpenTTD downloads and thinking they're the original files, just as Ironliam is.
    Last edited by jaybud4; April 6th, 2008 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybud4 View Post
    I fail to see any notion of a location to download the original files on the forums.
    I do see it being mentioned several times that doing that would be illegal, however.
    Provide me a link to this thread, perhaps?
    Ironliam, I checked that link, that's just a version of OTTD for Palm OS. Read the notice near the bottom, it says that it needs the files we are speaking of.
    Sir Voe, I believe you are seeing the OpenTTD downloads and thinking they're the original files, just as Ironliam is.
    Can't post a link ATM, as I'm stuck on the Wii Opera browser, but it's at "board index>transport tycoon>general transport tycoon" and should be right at the top titled something like "list of download locations". Thats where I got my files, and the game runs using them. Would the game work if it were th files you were thinking of?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Voe View Post
    Can't post a link ATM, as I'm stuck on the Wii Opera browser, but it's at "board index>transport tycoon>general transport tycoon" and should be right at the top titled something like "list of download locations". Thats where I got my files, and the game runs using them. Would the game work if it were th files you were thinking of?
    Well, apparently those are the right files.
    That's odd, considering it IS still under copyright...
    Or maybe they have special permission to distribute it or something, I dunno.
    You win this round...

DCEmu Newbie

Owen Rudge (the owner of the forums and the guy providing the links) hasn't got distribution permissions. The main problem at the moment is that nobody knows who the actual owner of the rights is, Atari or Chris Sawyer, so there's conflict at a much higher level.

The core OpenTTD files are copyrighted, you do ideally need to buy a licence (via buying a disc). But as these are hard to find...

A program called Nr-TTD will download and install TTDPatch and all required files for you on your computer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information