Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemmings and World Tour Soccer 2 official PAL servers going offline

psp Lemmings and World Tour Soccer 2 official PAL servers going offline

via UK PlayStation

Important notice for all PlayStation 2 and PSP owners regarding online games.

As of June 30, 2008 you will no longer be able to use the online features of the following games:

PlayStation 2
    Amplitude
    Destruction Derby Arenas
    Everybody’s Golf
    EyeToy Chat
    F1 ‘04
    Jak X
    Lemmings PS2
    My Street
    Syphon Filter Omega Strain
    This is Football 2004
    This is Football 2005
    Twisted Metal: Black Online

PSP
    Lemmings
    World Tour Soccer 2

After this date, you will still be able to play them offline, with the exception of EyeToy Chat and Twisted Metal: Black Online, which do not have offline modes.

We would like to thank everyone who has taken part in these PlayStation online communities and hope you enjoyed them.

This will be a sad day for ps2 online users

DCEmu Regular

Reminds me of when some of the dreamcast online games went offline like last year. Sad day indeed.

Are you kidding me?!? After the millions they made on that stuff they're already dropping it??

I still play Diablo 2 made by Blizzard (US East realm) and I'm pretty sure that game predates the entire lameass PS2. Well, this truly speaks volumes to me about the superior suckassedness of Sony and the superior dedicatedtotheiruserocity of Blizzard.

Thanks Blizzard.

Bite me Sony.
    Last edited by Psyberjock; April 5th, 2008 at 05:32. Reason: typo

Ummm, Blizzard can afford to keep their servers up cause they specialize in online play, and it's no secret that the PC has more online players than the PS2 or PS3.

Sony brings theirs down to cut down on pointless spending on online games that don't even see more than 30 players per game, if that much. I played Syphon Filter Omega Strain all the time so it's sad for me to see it go down, but that's life, nothing lasts forever.

I just won't forgive Konami for taking down the Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence servers. That game actually had over 500 players around when it got shut down (April 2nd 2007).

DCEmu Pro

wow i never thought they´d take the Amplitude servers down, that game was very well known for online as opposed to offline

i bet it´s because of the bandwidth demands for ps3 games, not to mention PS store and network.

the the servers for RFOM and CoD4 on ps3 have been pretty bad these past few months
    Last edited by Sterist; April 5th, 2008 at 07:34.

What utter BS.
    If no one is playing most of the time then it costs them bugger all bandwidth/cpu time. Just a tiny bit of HDD space and a bit of RAM.

I can still play quake 1 online because the anyone can run a server for people to connect to.

Companies being able to completely remove the online capability of the game is unacceptable. Especially as they have a vested interest to push you to the latest game.

I've always been weary of EAs main activation servers. Even they don't host the servers I play BF2 on, they still have the power to stop me playing online if they wish.

For the PS2 users -

Its damn bad that they take online only games off. So anyone that payed the full price for it, looses all of there value.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Temple Pilots View Post
    Ummm, Blizzard can afford to keep their servers up cause they specialize in online play, and it's no secret that the PC has more online players than the PS2 or PS3.

Sony brings theirs down to cut down on pointless spending on online games that don't even see more than 30 players per game, if that much. I played Syphon Filter Omega Strain all the time so it's sad for me to see it go down, but that's life, nothing lasts forever.

I just won't forgive Konami for taking down the Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence servers. That game actually had over 500 players around when it got shut down (April 2nd 2007).
    Maybe they should think about charging for online play like microsoft. $60 a year is peanuts, if you can't afford that, time for a new job.

I wonder if they're dropping online early so that you get people moving to the PS3 instead of staying on the PS2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information