Thread: Powder v104- Rogue Clone for PSP/GBA/NDS

Blog Entries

General games Powder v104- Rogue Clone for PSP/GBA/NDS

Jeff has released a new version of his Rogue clone for the Nintendo DS/GBA and also the PSP, heres whats new:

The long sought after fire arrows are finally present, self-poly into an iron golem has been further nerfed, and many bugs fixed. Most notable of the bug fixes is one to correct the gender assignment of dungeon citizens.

A method to fashion arrows from trees. (Adam Boyd)
    When fire, acid, and venom balls explode it is prefixed by a definite article.
    Living frosts have a higher hit die (but same hit points) which should make them more effective in combat by increasing their chance of hitting things.
    Constructs, such as iron golems, no longer regenerate naturally. Note that undead are powered by unlife so still do regenerate.
    New item: fire arrows. (sf, R. Dan Henry, Beefhaze)
    Knock is now a ranged spell and can close doors as well as open them. (Brendan)
    [SDL] If you were near the very top or very left of the map, the on screen keyboard would draw with the letters not lined up with the key wells. (Eilu)
    Gold beetles are now properly aggressive when hostile.
    [DS] A VBlank wait is added to the sleep routine so even less power should be consumed when the lid is closed. (Robert)
    intervene has an r. (Oohara Yuuma)
    Two new rooms.
    The golden tridude is as big as they come, not as bit as they come. (Eilu)
    Those in wizard mode can create any room template.
    If you are wearing a non-ring that grants missing finger, you are now allowed to still equip a ring provided you have zero rings equipped.
    After answering the question too many times I've broken down and flagged most items as not being equippable as a stack. So, no more wielding two warhammers in one hand. Thrown weapons can be equipped as a stack to allow you to get more mileage out of enchant weapon scrolls. (Ben Shadwick, Bill, TemporalParadox, many more)
    Failure to swap with creatures in pits or underwater properly uses the creatures pronoun. (Eilu)
    When I added the ability to chose your gender, I accidentally had your choice also affected the gender of every creature in the dungeon. This has now been fixed so creatures will now have their correct gender assigned. (Eilu)
    Character dump tells you if Wizard mode is activated.
    Character dump tells you how many times you've save scummed.
    Character dump includes your score on death or victory.
    Changed the scoring method for ascensions to penalize based on how long it took you to win. The goal is to save the world, not just self-improvement.
    Your last gender selection is saved with your last name so the new game gender choice will match the new game name choice.
    Thrown artifact weapons were always [-2] to hit. Now all artifacts properly inherit their base item's to hit bonus and can have an additional bonus due to being artifacts.
    Flaming swords no longer have a [+1] bonus to hit. They are cool enough without such a thing.
    Display of weapon damage will no longer show 2+1 for a 2d1+1 weapon and instead show merely 3.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

this game is sooo addicitve! ive got tons of psp games (including final fantasyCC) and i play this more than anything else! only thing, the ver. splashscreen still says 103! i see a 104.1 coming!

wow this is a fun game 0_o seriously guys try this out:thumbup:

Can someone post a screenshot?
    or a description of the game?

I've never played Rouge so I'm not sure what this is.

heres ,some shots of his website:

i've not played it either and not sure if these are actually the same as the psp version.

Thread Information