thanks for the release
This is a bugfix release only, don't expect any speed improvements. It also has a few new features.
SVP emulation is working, but it's unplayable (too slow), because dynarec is not implemented (it needs too much work, and I want to work on something else, again). The dynarec from GP2X version is not suitable, because it's ARM only and non-portable.
Full changelog below:
- Fixed sprite masking code. Thanks to Lordus for explaining how it works.
- Added "disable sprite limit" option.
- Added black level adjustment to display options.
- Changed reset to act as 'soft' reset.
- Added detection for Puggsy (it doesn't really have sram).
- Some small timing adjustments.
- Added support for SVP (Sega Virtua Processor) to emulate Virtua Racing. No recompiler for PSP version though.
- Changed config file format, files are now human-readable. Game specific configs are now held in single file (but old game config files are still read when new one is missing).
- Fixed a bug where some key combos didn't work as expected.
- Adjusted fast renderer to work with more games, including VR.
- Fixed a problem where SegaCD RAM cart data was getting lost on reset.
- PicoDrive now comes with a game config file for some games which need special settings, so they should now work out-of-the-box. More games will be added with later updates.
download kxploit version
Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments
thanks for the release
Thank you very much for the emulator Notaz.
I'm glad for this release! I hope more come soon~.
Whoa! Really cool surprise today. I've almost forgotten the joy of seeing new emulator updates and testing them out.
An impressive list of updates as always from Notaz. I think its especially cool that some problem games will have preset special settings to get them to work properly.
Its just great to see more activity in the development of one of the PSP's best emulators.
Thank you Notaz!
fantstic to see that you are working on one of the best emus for the psp! i just loove the picodrive, its a wonderful piece of art
many thanx again!
Excellent news! Improving the fast renderer makes a huge difference, since some games like Ristar were glitchy with it turned on and ran at less than full speed if you turned it off.
My only complaint so far is that it doesn't seem to read the config files I already had saved.
so ive been looking for a new emu
how is this compared to DGEN?
yea dgen was good for its time, but this is definately the best genesis/sega CD emulator on the psp
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)