Thread: Things I want to see in Homebrew~

Post Things I want to see in Homebrew~

There are a few things that I've been waiting for but never found, and I'm beginning to question the ability to produce the things I've been waiting for.

~Telnet support

If you are familiar with MU text environments, then you probably know about telnet. They're basically little text-based worlds where people meet up and write stories and all kinds of fun stuff. Considering I've seen multiple IRC clients, I really think it'd completely possible to make a Telnet.

~Playlist support

Moonshell is great. I love how it handles all kinds of files and plays videos without taking up much space... but you have to have all your files in the same folder if you want to have them play in succession... and I really don't want to waste space by making multiple folders with multiple instances of the same song... I know DSOrganize has playlist support... but it stops playing the music when you close the DS~ So... yeah, someone should get on modding Moonshell or something.

~Text & Scribble

There are some great text editors out there, but when I'm taking anthro notes on my DS, my teacher will often ask us to draw something... I have to exit the file and switch to scribble mode in DSOrganize. Countless times I had to ask for my friend's notes just so I could draw something. That's when I wondered: Why not make a notebook DS homebrew! You could have two separate layers: A text layer and a drawing layer. That way you could write on one without disrupting the other, and that way you could resume writing right where you left off. I'm no programmer, but the concept is there, and I would really find it useful.

And there was other stuff... I just can't think of the now :P

a .pdf viewer, that's all I want.

DSLinux has telnetd I believe, though you'll probably need a slot-2 device for its extra RAM to run it.

DSOrganize has playlists. No, it doesn't stop playing the music when you close the lid, it merely stops outputting it to the speakers. Audio still comes through the headphones.

LMP-ng (the iPod clone) also has support for playlists and will keep playing music through the speakers with the lid closed.

DCEmu Regular

AN avi player so we don't have to convert , because i hardly watch tv on my ds but when i do i like it as quick and easy as possible.

DCEmu Newbie

that's not really going to happen...because the ds just isn't as powerful as a psp or iPod.

I mean you can see by converting an avi into dpg with full bitrate and everything, it laggs like CRAP and thats basically how the avi would run if someone made a program to play it.

I can run DPGs on the highest settings no problem. It's all about the speed of your card.

DCEmu Newbie

I think a podcast receiver would be usefull... just think of the possibilities

and also you can view pdf files with comic book ds!
    Last edited by soloster; April 12th, 2008 at 23:15.

Thread Information