Thread: AME DS - Amstrad Emulator for Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS AME DS - Amstrad Emulator for Nintendo DS

Alekmaul has posted a new version of his Amstrad emulator for the Nintendo DS

Heres the news:

And then, it had been a long time that I had not given this new emulator. So here is version 2.1, which has quite a few new features including especially the "play via the Internet." In short, you download the game format DSK Internet and you play, the more need to have the game on its linker, not nice?

The Amstrad CPC 464 is a personal computer in the range Amstrad CPC, colour display, with 64 KB of RAM, 32 KB ROM and in using the language BASIC 1.0 Locomotive, seen by some fans as the best BASIC ever.
    The Amstrad CPC 6128 is an evolution of the Amstrad CPC 464 within the range of Amstrad CPC. He had the same processor at 4 MHz Z80, but was equipped with 128 KB of RAM (64 kb of memory) instead of 64 KB and 48 KB of memory instead of 32 kilobytes In addition it had a floppy drive 3-inch whose capacity could go up to 178 KB per side, much faster than the tape player, and included language BASIC memory. It was delivered with diskettes containing two versions of the operating system CP / M (CP / M 2.2 and CP / M 3 +) and numerous utilities.
    Derived from 464 CPC, CPC practice in 6128 had less RAM free for the user than its predecessor. On the one hand, 128 KB RAM were actually made up of 64 kilobytes of memory, on the other hand its operating system loaded on floppy disk driver, in addition to the pilot on the cassette player.

Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments

DCEmu Regular

you download the game format DSK Internet and you play, the more need to have the game on its linker, not nice?
    Nice touch indeed, can't wait to try it out on my ds .. cheers

paul

EDIT: WOW i mean WOW what a great idea for an emulator and to see it on the DS first is great :-)

There are 1000 games listed ( that i can tell) and all you do is click on one you want and it begins downloading , after its done it goes straight into play. You can then save the game as a snap shot or as disk image so a great way to get games for it.

A very impressed paul :-) :-)

Bye the way is is possible to play this or any other emulator using an emulator on your pc? the main problem from what i can tell is the FAT which can't be found by simply loading the emulator's up on the pc!
    Last edited by paul3100; April 8th, 2008 at 10:17.

DCEmu Newbie

How do I connect AmeDS with the Internet. I have an USB WiFi Connector and really have no clue how I connect the Emu with the net.

Very, very nice emulator you have made here, I am surprised that more people haven't commented on it yet. I love the Wi-Fi download service, by far one of the best features I have seen in a homebrew app. The only problem I have had so far is the fact that I don't know the controls for many of these games I suppose I'll have to look them up, but hey, it's definitely worth it. Thanks for the great homebrew, keep up the great work

Thanks for this. Am loving the DS for Speccy emulation so thought I would try some CPC.

Thread Information