That much is true, but there’s a funny story of how someone discovered that while being completly wrong about, well, everything else.
I value and respect privacy so I would not openly publish my email exchange with GDEMU buyer(s) unless I had no other choice, but not everybody subscribes to that notion it seems. It’s a Comedy Central material by the way: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/127...ystems/page-63
However, I do not agree with the “being petty” acusation. Just because I didn’t share every tiny detail of how GDEMU actually works with the developers of other – let’s call them competing – projects, doesn’t mean I ignored them, or refused to help at all. And I have email history to prove that but hopefully I will never have to make it public. I’ve put a lot of my personal time, and money, into this project and I belive it to be my right to decide what I do with the knowledge obtained. Yes, I could’ve “shared”, but that would only result in other people making and selling their devices, and I would be left with nothing. Forgotten would be the best case scenario, but probably people would still demand I make further upgrades to their devices. For free of course. I bet each and every one of those who call for GDEMU to be cloned and cheaply copied behind my back would gladly work for free as well.
So, in the end I refused a sale. For the first time, too. If you’re on a backup list – rejoice, I’m almost sure now I will be able to fulfill those preorders as well. And if you’ve ever wondered why my terms of sale sound like a legalspeak, and why I reserve the right to refuse sale or repair, it’s because I have to deal with people who have no clue but lot of demands.
So, to reiterate: You’re buying GDEMU as-is. There might be a newer, better model released in the future and if you don’t like that, just cancel your preorder. Or buy one of the competing devices. Frankly, I’ve already reached my primary goal of raising money for software I need – and I would like to thank everybody who already purchased GDEMU for that. What I’m doing now is pretty much assembling and selling out the leftovers. That money will cover R&D costs for devices for other systems – and I make no promises as to what will come of that.
Also, Dreamcast discs can be copied, at the very least in a sufficient way as to obtain fully functional backup images. These backups are nowhere near 4GB in size. There are SD (well, SDHC to be precise) cards bigger than 4GB and that has nothing to do with FAT32 limits of single file size or total volume size. And yes, PayPal could rain on my parade anytime by locking my account again.
And finally, pretty please, read all the pages with instructions and explanations I’ve provided. If I sound like a prick answering your email questions then maybe it’s because I’ve already had to do it 100 times and by now it’s even more annoying than spam – because spam at least can be filtered out and/or ignored.

http://gdemu.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/im-a-$#@!/