Just 2 weeks ago, we blogged about the new ME/LME-2 release, which added the Inferno driver and extended the recovery menu with a few more colors to choose from.

Today yet another update was made available, which adds some more often requested features to the famous ME & LME Custom Firmwares, which are currently the most popular ones.

Developer Rahim-US is currently on a coding spree!

He published yet another update for the ME & LME Custom Firmwares, to be specific – for firmwares 6.20, 6.39 and 6.60 – which adds the noDRM Engine and a protection against a few games, that can detect a Custom Firmware, and then refuse to start, save or load savedata files (The DJ Max Portable games are a few of those ones).

The new revision also fixes a rare savedata bug, that could occour if you switched between PRO and ME/LME at different firmwares (e.g. 6.20 PRO -> 6.60 LME, 6.39 LME -> 6.60 PRO, etc).

Not actually Custom Firmware changes, but Rahim-US also added an OFW Version installer for the 6.20 ME build and, even more important, he added another layer of protection to the ME CFW installers, which should now be able to detect the dangerous TA-088v3 motherboard at PSP 2000, to protect accidential bricking of said devices.

The 6.39 ME/LME-10 is equivalent to the 6.xx ME/LME-2 custom firmwares.

The previous check did only check for the devices generation (01g = 1000, 02g = 2000, 03g/04g/07g/09g = 3000s, 05g = N1000 [PSP Go] & 11g = E1000), which left room for detecting a TA-088v3 PSP 2000 as “supposed compatible”, which would then result in a fullbrick, if one actually installed the ME, instead of the LME, Custom Firmware, due to the custom IPL at one of these “doomed” PSP 2000s.

The new ME and LME Custom Firmwares are available for download now, and it is highly recommended to install said Custom Firmwares at your PSP devices, regardless if you are already running another 6.20, 6.39 or 6.60 Custom Firmware.

Stay tuned for potential more releases of the ME and LME CFWs, since Rahim might have one or two more ideas for these awesome Custom Firmwares!

via http://wololo.net/2014/07/01/psp-cus...now-available/