Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anybody there

Hey Steve520, great to see you're still around! It was going, until the news-bots took over and then activity took a dive. Plus the homebrew scenes have slowed in recent years too, not stopped but not as much as the days of yore. I think even others like say Maxconsole have slowed too, thought not 100% sure. In recent times, I got into PS2 homebrew thanks to the likes of FMCB / FHDB and when looking for info noticed sites like ps2-scene and ps2dev are gone too.

Homebrew has slowed down a lot, and this site looks quite .... uhm... dead. I miss the good old days.
    Admin of SEGA-DC.DE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    Hey Steve520, great to see you're still around! It was going, until the news-bots took over and then activity took a dive. Plus the homebrew scenes have slowed in recent years too, not stopped but not as much as the days of yore. I think even others like say Maxconsole have slowed too, thought not 100% sure. In recent times, I got into PS2 homebrew thanks to the likes of FMCB / FHDB and when looking for info noticed sites like ps2-scene and ps2dev are gone too.
    Ah, PS2 homebrew...

There are a few sites that have popped back up recently, such as SoR (which I loved for DC related crap).

Even "The *** Zone" which I don't think ever went away(?), has a vast library of PS2 homebrew and tools.

Is the three letter I word still a taboo here? I remember mentioning once that I had one playing Outrun on my PSP (10 years ago) and got a verbal warning.

Thank God there are a few still here.. We need to find a way to get traffic to come back guys.. The good ole days don't have to remain in the past. surely there is something we can do?

There must be something we could do SP, we need to think again how we can get another shot of revival into orbit. We tried before but didn't quite make it off the ground.
    VampDude, yes even though this place is dead as hell the rules still stand up I'm afraid. Although I do admit that mentioned site is a great place to get PS2 homebrew, along with PSX-Scene and others. With the PS2 mentioned, I was thinking to drum up a few guides for the system. Sure there's some already out there but perhaps a refreshed list of them can help sometimes.

Ahh yes PS2 homebrew was great. I've been getting into the PS3 Hacking scene as well digging a lot things that have come from it. Sadly though gaming has gotten away from me as i've grown up a bit. Still love DCEMU though, my first forum and community i've ever joined and will always have a special place in my heart also good to see some familiar people as well Shrygue, VampDude, and shadowprophet. I hope all of you are doing well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    VampDude, yes even though this place is dead as hell the rules still stand up I'm afraid. Although I do admit that mentioned site is a great place to get PS2 homebrew, along with PSX-Scene and others. With the PS2 mentioned, I was thinking to drum up a few guides for the system. Sure there's some already out there but perhaps a refreshed list of them can help sometimes.
    The PS2 was a great system for homebrew, which it encouraged people to make their own games from day one. With the inclusion of YABASIC on the very disc that came pre-packaged with the system in 2000/2001 (Sony's failed tax fiddle). I'm entirely sure, that the YABASIC part of the disc can be exploited to run code, though we now have MC-BOOT, which I had previously been using Swap Magic for my SNES Station disc through 2007/2008.

The console that has my attention at the moment is the 3DS, which I've modded my 3DS and "N"3DSXL to play blargSNES (it's better on the XL consoles).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information