Thread: "Come on Nintendo, we need a hard drive," says Rock Band dev

Rev "Come on Nintendo, we need a hard drive," says Rock Band dev

via Computer and Video Games

Rob Kay, design director at Harmonix and on Rock Band, has blamed the lack of storage space as the primary reason why Wii Rock Band owners will not be able to download extra songs via DLC.

"Come on Nintendo, we need a hard drive," Kay said when asked about the issue in a recent interview with CVG. "That's what we want. The whole problem is there's nowhere to store it."

"If the platform could do it, we'd jump on it", he continued. "It's something that we championed to Nintendo, that we'd like to do it. Who knows what will happen down the line, I don't know what's coming down the line, but that's the reason there's no DLC in Wii Rock Band"

Nintendo has repeatedly insisted there are no calls for an external hard drive, with the most recent defense being made back in November.

For more from Rob Kay about UK-specific tracks, pricing and the future of Rock Band, check CVG later on this week.

He can STFU right now. I'm sure they could've programmed in access to a usb drive or an SD Card. The reason DLC and online aren't on there is pure laziness.

DCEmu Regular

Ya harmonix are lazy you got that right. They put wireless controller on the ps3 version but show no support for that in the 360 version. They even have a location where the batteries go. But they decided they didn't want to buy the wireless dev stuff for 360 so they didn't put it in. Harmonix is really starting to do some stupid stuff.

I am glad though that companies are bugging the big N now, seeing they refuse to listen to the fans, maybe they'll listen to the third-parties... unless they want a repeat of the GCN :P

Quote Originally Posted by vicious1988 View Post
    He can STFU right now. I'm sure they could've programmed in access to a usb drive or an SD Card. The reason DLC and online aren't on there is pure laziness.
    That doesn't explain why the maker of SSBB is so hell bent on refusing downloadable characters. he too proclaims the hard drive as being "the only way".

Thread Information