Some of you are getting impatient waiting for GDEMU payment request to arrive. Sorry about that – the plan was to do it faster this time around but the recent heat wave has put a stop to it. I have quite a few units assembled in 70% but that’s it. Finishing that, plus cleaning, plus initial program upload, plus testing – that takes time too. You’ll have to wait some more I’m afraid.
About the payment itself, it’s not 100% safe so to speak. I send the payment request from different mail address than the one you used for preordering. In itself it’s nothing strange but it raises the question – how do you know the request actually came from me and not someone else who is about to scam you out of your money. Well, if you have any doubts about that feel free to contact me first to confirm.
Also, do not send money to the preorder address. That email is not registered with PayPal – not only will I not claim that transfer, I have no way of promptly rejecting it either. That means it will be stuck for 30 days in PP system (and returned automatically to you after that time) as well as possibly prevent you from paying when I actually send the request – as you might not have another 100 Euro for that. Remember, I do not take any money up front, only when I actually have the GDEMU unit ready will I send the request. The lower you are on the list the longer that will take.
Lastly, I’ve decided to stop sending the paper inserts warning about possible dangers of installing the screw improperly. All this is explained on the Installation page, you are required to read all of that (and everything else I’ve prepared). In other words, if you manage to damage your Dreamcast or GDEMU because you couldn’t be bothered to read the instructions, I will laugh at you and call you stupid. So that we are clear on that. I’m happy to report that while there have been some minor accidents and issues with GDEMU, so far nothing that would actually break the device and/or console permanently. Please do try to keep it this way from now on as well.
http://gdemu.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/the-sun-it-burns/