Thread: Perfect Dark Limited Edition comes to light

Blog Entries

Default Perfect Dark Limited Edition comes to light

Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64 is one of the most adored first-person shooters of all time. Its success brought in a legion of fans who demanded more of heroine Joanna Dark once the game was completed. Rumors of its sequel floated around for what seemed like ages, until Rare and Microsoft announced that the series would finally return on the Xbox 360.

Of course, with half a decade passing between installments, fans of the franchise may have lost a bit of their fervor. Microsoft is trying to stir some renewed interest in the secret agent's sequel (actually, prequel) by announcing a collector's limited edition of the game to be released in a two-disc set.

The $59.99 game (the standard edition will cost $49.99) will come in a special black metallic case. Disc one will feature the standard game, and disc two will feature bonus content, including a behind-the-scenes video feature, unique gamer pictures for Xbox Live's gamer card, a custom theme for the Xbox 360 "dashboard," and the first chapter of Greg Rucka's novel Perfect Dark: Initial Vector.

Those hoping to get a little insight on the game's release date are going to have to wait. Microsoft has announced only that Perfect Dark Zero will be released "this holiday." Perfect Dark Zero is rated M for Mature.

Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64 is one of the most adored first-person shooters of all time
    The slow down was frustrating in multiplayer, and the framerate wasnt as good as Goldeneye, I still love Goldeneye

To be honest i was contemplating getting a 360 but PD:Zero looks fairly poor, Rare havent been on good form since some coders left to form Free Radical, and i dont like the graphical style.

Quote Originally Posted by ptr.exe
    The slow down was frustrating in multiplayer, and the framerate wasnt as good as Goldeneye, I still love Goldeneye

To be honest i was contemplating getting a 360 but PD:Zero looks fairly poor, Rare havent been on good form since some coders left to form Free Radical, and i dont like the graphical style.
    I honestly just wish they would remake Goldeney (no new crap. no ea crap... just goldeneye) and simply put it in a new engine... the game was so damn good for an early FPS.. and its campaign is still second to NONE!. Perfect dark was damn good too.

Perfect dark was damn good too.
    I enjoyed the game, but felt the storyline was tacky, and that the level design wasnt as good as Goldeneye, also the N64 even with extra ram wasnt quite up to it.

I honestly just wish they would remake Goldeney (no new crap. no ea crap... just goldeneye) and simply put it in a new engine... the game was so damn good for an early FPS.. and its campaign is still second to NONE!.
    I couldnt agree more, but it would never happen. The level design in that game was so god damn good, ive yet to play a multiplayer in an area as good as facility. In comparison, a new game such as TS3 is great, but some levels just didnt feel right. GoldenEye never had that problem.

Rare was on top of their potencial on the N64 era also the gamepad was perfect for FPS.

lets just see what rare bring us becouse they have never let me down but if that game is crap there getting cursed big time

Quote Originally Posted by turkey_fiddler
    lets just see what rare bring us becouse they have never let me down but if that game is crap there getting cursed big time
    well keep in mind. this isnt the same staff that did our beloved PD for N64.

If you ask me guns n roses split up axl changed the band totally and ew line up played there instruments even better than slash and duff and mat (ok axl sounds terrible) but I hope u see where I am coming from when I say I hope this new rare staff come good on the new PDZ they have a big name to live up to and I have been waiting a long time for this my future as a gamer rests on this games shoulders if its rubbish im going to settle down and move out of my mums house I mean it I will sell all my consoles ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thread Information