I've already spoken to creator Palmer Luckey about the future of Oculus Rift. However, you can't sit down with the man who made modern VR as we know it and not ask about Sony's Project Morpheus. Here's what he said:
The Morpheus as it exists today is really pushing the limits of the PS4. And it's still not as good as DK2. So as time goes on and the hardware gets better - PC hardware will get better, VR hardware will get better, resolution will go up, framerate will go up - and the PS4 will remain the same power as it is today. That's true for any console. So even if they make a really great product today I think it's going to have a hard time staying relevant in the virtual reality landscape as time goes on. Five years from now we’ll probably be on our second, third generation product and it'll most likely be something... the PS4 could never even thrive.
It's basically a side project for them right now. If they decided to invest a lot of money in it and release it as a product then it's still limited to PS4. It's not really a competitor to us because we're not going to be on PS4 anyway. There are very few people who are going to say 'should I get Oculus on PC or Morpheus on PS4 because I have both and I don't know which one I’d rather have?' A tiny number people are going to do that.
So there you go. It's not that there's anything wrong with Morpheus, it's just that Palmer thinks it's going to be constrained by its console limitations and inability to upgrade the tech. It's an interesting insight from a man who should know better than most about this sort of thing.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/21/i...oject-morpheus