Thread: Chinavasion comes through with 7-inch Wii LCD monitor

Blog Entries

Rev Chinavasion comes through with 7-inch Wii LCD monitor

If you've exhausted all of your resources and still can't seem to whip up your very own Wii Laptop, Chinavasion's out to make sure you have the second (albeit a distant one) best alternative. Granted, the CVSN-901 isn't the first of its breed, but it does provide a marginally less unsightly design. As for specs, you'll find a 7-inch 480 x 234 resolution display, built-in stereo speakers, auxiliary stereo AV connection, adjustments for contrast / brightness / etc. and a fan grill hole thrown in just to ensure that "your Wii won't overheat." For what it's worth, it seems the requisite IR emitters are sitting just above the speakers (though it's not spelled out on the product page), and at least the unit itself will only set you back a Benjamin and change (or way less if you order enough for your entire community).

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/17/c...i-lcd-monitor/

Why is the picture of Mario Party DS?

DCEmu Rookie

1 the psp has higher screen res, 2 the screen size sucks ass the wii can easily get a 8 or maybe a 9 in on there, look at the space used by the buttons at the bottom, and the space near the speakers

Quote Originally Posted by linkinworm View Post
    1 the psp has higher screen res, 2 the screen size sucks ass the wii can easily get a 8 or maybe a 9 in on there, look at the space used by the buttons at the bottom, and the space near the speakers
    so?
    this is good anyway, so you can have you wii on the vacation, like i'm going to

You can get many kinds of Games Accessories here: http://www.sourcinggate.com/Video-Ga...c13/index.html

Nintendo, PlayStation 2/ps2 ,PlayStation 3 / PS3 ,Sony PSP, xbox/xbox-360

Actually, i was wondering about the sensor bar, how this thing was larger than the screen and would be problematic, but when I saw those black squares that ought to be the infrared leds, man, this seems a likeable thing to buy. but mostly only for small games like mario kart wii, no more heroes, resident evil.

If it comes on a good price, I might buy it.

Ya know, looking at the thing, looks pretty nice, but, would had been much of a hassle to put another usb or 2, to get 3 or 4 usb, that would be a great pluss and selling point

Also, noticed it doesn't has a sensor bar energy outtlet. This would make using the wireless version (DIY or buy it) a must, or also use a pair of candles. Ya know, for when you plug your Wii to a TV and don't wan't to remove the lcd display
    Last edited by KristenBaldousor; July 18th, 2008 at 20:34.

Thread Information