Yes, this has full front SD support.
Also, if anyone would happen to have a compiled version of the latest CVS libogc with Bushing's patch could you PM me a copy? I can't get it to patch and compile right for me, doesn't help that I'm using Win2k and some ghettorigged Linux ports either. This is mostly so I can work on the basic code that way I can have a stellar release ready for when the next stable chains comes out.
I can confirm this works amazingly well, wth full Wii front SD support and the Twilight hack. Save state support means I will now be able to finally beat the Donkey Kong Country games after 13 years of trying LOL.
My screen is still pulled to the right, with a slight black border on the left, but otherwise this is pretty much perfect...
Roll on Nes and Genesis perfection!
Well, for me it doesn't work at all . The emulator freezes whenever i try to start/reset a game.
Just a question...
What's the issue that's causing rom names to be stuck on 8 characters? Does it have something to do with the FAT format on the SD cards?
1) The TP hack is released. They load Gamecube formatted ELF/DOL files with it. They cry that (shock!) they do not work in Wii mode. "Make it work nowz!!"
2) An app like Snes9x is ported to the Wii, and the Gamecube controller now works. On the flip side, you lose DVD access and need an SD Gecko ($5-10, or homemade from spare parts). "OMFGZ! Make it use the Wii's SD slot! I have no credit cardz to order online!!" Back in my day, I rode my bicycle to the grocery store and forked over 50 cents for a money order and did plenty of mail ordering...
3) Wii SD support is released to the scene from svpe's sdelfloader. The cries begin immediately, "When will X app read from the WiiSD? It can't be too hard, sdelfloader did it!. When, hurry, when??!?"
4) Snes9x gets WiiSD read support. "Wonderful, but I can't save anything! I'm too cheap to buy a memory card. I'm too cheap to buy an SD Gecko still, even though I could have done the above money order hack and had one by now anyway! Make it save to the WiiSD too, plz plz plz huh, when huh, plz!"
5) Snes9x get's WiiSD write support. "WTF is up with 8.3 filenames? That's so before-I-was-even-born! I pirated 50,000 games and I can't tell what is what."
6) A very simple demo is released that uses a Wiimote (mtb/mtp). Now its all about the "When will X have wiimote support, it's been out for all of 10 minutes and I'm too lazy to go to WalMart and get a Gamecube controller!" Never mind there's been a few posts wanting Wiimote support added to Gamecube games as well for the same reason (cheap).
Here's a hint, just deal with it. GenPlus has long filename support, but it doesn't have the ability to write files. At least with this you can function pretty well, even being a complete cheap-ass. Then face the fact that you will not ever play those thousands of games, and just go with the few you will play, name them something appropriate and stop whining!
Oh, and you can always do the coding and submit a patch. I have no problems with that. But then, the "I'm don't know how to do C, and I'm unwilling to learn, but I'm good at whining so I'll stick with what I'm good at" just starts all over again...:rofl:
Of course, you could get off your lazy butts and mow a lawn or two to get the $50 or so to buy a GC controller, SD gecko, and memory card. But, I know that's asking an awful lot.
I agree. Quit whining and enjoy what you have already. If you don't like not knowing what you're playing then just name the rom in 8 characters or less! That's what I did. Guess what; I can tell what I'm loading!!! yay
And what the hell is a money order hack?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)