Thread: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 05' Review

Post Tiger Woods PGA Tour 05' Review

Since I like the format that he used to review his games I will use Kaiser's format to his ratings. (Props To Kaiser)

Golf fan? Struggling in the real world of Golf and can't seem to get the real hang of it? This is the game to cure that! (For a while. . at least. . . )

Graphics- 9/10
    9 out of 10, why that?---The UMD discs can contain a maximum of 1.8 GB. Tiger Woods holds 1.77 GB. Enough said. . . It doesnt compare to Xbox (Which I play as well) but the quality of this game for a handheld is beyond amazing. This was the first game that I played and it absolutely blew me away. The greens and fairways look very realistic to such courses as Pebble Beach and TPC At Sawgrass. Visuals and graphics are presented very well, clubs are structured well, create a character mode is the best i've ever seen on a portable system and the eyes and everything else look perfect! It's made by EA sports so enough said there! I know my Madden fans respect this!

Gameplay- 8/10
    Why an 8 YSWM?---The loading time is HORRIBLE. To load up every hole it literally takes a min, No Joke! Other than the loading time between the holes it plays as if it was basically Tiger Woods 2002 on your PS2. That's a really good comparisson. It's not quite perfectly smooth and fast but it plays very well while your working on a hole. The putts are definite nail biters, your drives off the tee are because you can't see where the ball goes because it goes so fast. There is some definite excitement to this game. Also the spin and power boost system is very smooth. It's just one button for both, R. I honestly prefer this way to ps2 or xbox's setup.

Sound- 9/10
    Why 9?- I give it a nine because the sound of your driver hitting the ball off the tee sounds identical to how it would sound in real life. Also when you make an approach shot the sound of the bal hitting the flag is VERY realistic. The soundtrack isnt special, it's literally just one menu song but its chill. Tiger woods doesn't exactly need songs in it. Golf's a quiet sport, not a football game where you need to get excited. So yeah, the sound is very good and well made.

Character Visuals- 10/10

Yup its absolutely perfect. Tiger looks like Tiger, Jack Nickalus looks like himself, Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer, Veejay, Jesper Parnevik, etc. etc. EA always delievers on the visuals. If you have any doubt of that you should go play 989 sports games and not speak to me. The respect I have for ea's visuals of people in games is very high. I hate Nascar and I think the new Nascar game looks brilliant! The Visuals Are Insane In Tiger Woods 05.'

Replay Value - 9/10
    Not perfect but is good. After you get your character through the game and beat the final golfer and tournament there isnt much to do but it's cool to just fool around I think and mellow out to. People might not agree with me but if you want the typical person replay value rating im sue it'd be
    5/10 but I love golf so I have a different perspective.

This has been my review of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 05'!
    Just for kicks I have to do this

E A Sports! It's In The Game

Blog Entries

nice ill main page it in a bit

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice review dude I'll have to pick this game up.

Thread Information