Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The DS Striking Back ?

DCEmu Newbie

I have a PSP and a DS, and my PSP gets used for two reasons: Wipeout or Lumines. Oh, and emulation now... so that's three. But the DS is much more fun for me. Advance Wars: DS (like all of the games before it) is amazingly deep... plenty of maps to play through and unlock, a map editor to make your own and trade, etc. And it uses the 2nd screen to handle secondary battles that effect the ground (bottom screen) battles. The PSP has a great screen, yes, but the DS has two... and as soon as some clever programers start using them for useful things, we'll see some amazing stuff. The Kirby game, despite being a Kirby game, is incomparable to any other platformer - accept Yoshi - both on the same system. Indirect control of the main character is an innovative idea, and it hasn't been done before. There's the built in mic, and with an online Mario Kart and Metriod Prime: Hunters, there's a lot to look forward to... plus the new Mario Bros, Mario and Luigi 2, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Animal Crossing, the new Lunar, Viewtiful Joe, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy 3, Black and White, Resident Evil... it goes on. For the PSP? I'm looking forward to GTA. That's it. Sony's machine fails as a game machine because it's expensive and timely to develop for, and the medium it reads from (UMD) has slow access times. I refuse to crap and wait for a stage to load simultaneously.
    I have no doubt it will survive as a portable media player, but so far the games are just dissapointing. Thankfully we have emu coders to pick up Sony's slack.

It is true how important games are, however my post was only referring to emulation (although I didn't make that clear at all). As far as games go, I think gaming in general has gotten pretty boring. They haven't been making great games like they used to. It's gotten to the point where people ask how a game is and the response they get is "it's awesome, it's got great graphics!". It also seems like (especially on the PSP) almost every game coming out is a sequal, or a port. There hasn't been any real innovative, interesting, and fun to play games out. However, I am impressed by Nintendo's childish, yet still extremely fun games. I hope both Sony and Nintendo kick up their gears soon, and very hopefully by their next generations. I'm getting kind of tired of the hottest games being the newest editions of Madden NFL and Need For Speed. And as for Nintendo, although they can be fun, I'm getting tired of Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Donkey Kong (Not to mention Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog). Please come up with something a little refreshing besides a new platform, and that goes for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information