Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The DS Striking Back ?

Blog Entries

Default The DS Striking Back ?

In Japan the DS is selling more than the PSP and PS2 combined and it seems the Homebrew and Emulation scene is kicking ass too, just in the last fortnight or so theres been Colecovision, Vectrex and even a wip of a Commodore 64 emulator plus the first Star Wars homebrew game for the DS, Check out our sister site http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/ which has all the news and links to the new releases.

The battle of the PSP and DS marches on

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Good luck to them!

Some people like the DS, some like the PSP. It doesn't really matter to me which one sells the most as long as the one I chose produces the goods for me.

Too many fanboys in this world

I know the DS just dropped in price over here in the US. Did it also do so in Japan?

I really don't get how the DS can compete. The PSP is just so much better on so many levels. Oh well.

DCEmu Newbie

This might sound crazy to some people, but its not always about the graphics and cpu power. For some people its about the story, gameplay, character development, replay value, and over all experience. And as far as gameplay goes, the gameplay system doesn't have to be intricate, just fun and practical. It is too early to tell how practical a touchpad is for gaming, but I am eager to find out how it will turn out.

To me it is not at all surprising to find out how well the Nintendo DS is doing. Many people have stressed how important it is to have third party support and right now neither the DS or the PSP is doing well in that aspect. Time will tell. And lets face it right now Japan has much more games for the DS, in genres unheard of anywhere else.

I own both, and to be honest the only play time my DS is getting right now is with my GBA games.

DCEmu Newbie

As far as emulation goes, i don't think the DS can truly compete. The fact is it much easier to run homebrew on the PSP. There are no carts involved, as well as having the equipment to flash those carts. To many, including me, a usb cable just seems so much easier and less expensive.

Of course with Sony so actively fighting the homebrew scene every step of the way, it leaves many people left out because they just didn't know better.

I also want to know if the prices have dropped in Japan for the DS.

its all about the games but a big selling point is emulation for me so with the 1.52 or above not being cracked YET it is swinging me towards the DS

the ds is way less powerful than psp, so emulation ain't gonna be good on ds.

games and homebrew games, however, will probly be overall better, cause of the 2 screens and touch screen

but the tiny ds screen cant complete with nice phat clear psp screen. i got ScummVM and Curse of monkey island at the ready for either downgrader or homebrew on v2.0

either that or trade your 2.00 with someone who has a 1.50/1.00. just hope they only want the psp for umd reasons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information