Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SNES9X 1.43 WiiMote Edition 0.1.1a - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

I've got so many roms, I can't wait to give this a try.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow... please put that you need to make a snes9x/roms and snes9x/saves in the readme file. It's a hassle to have to figure that out by searching on boards.

I setup my SD card how people suggested, but how do I get the emulator to boot? Do I need to chip my Wii? I have a stock system, is that enough?

DCEmu Newbie

I would like to know the same thing thanks!

You don't need to Mod your Wii, just use the Twilight Hack.

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you very much for this homebrew!
    P.S. if you have an old TV you have to set the wii on 50Hz display mode, otherwise games will be only displayed in black and white colors . I hope this helps.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm puzzled

Annoying Problem 1. I have this running through homebrew launcher, loading games from the front SD slot, but in the rom browser it only shows the first 6 characters of the file name, so when I've got a ton of games with 'Super' in the title I have no idea which I'm selecting.

Annoying Problem 2. It reports rom corrupt on zipped roms and refuses to load, and doesn't allow any file names longer than 50 chars to be used. What is that all about? Why can't it show the full names with and have full zip support like FceUltra?

Or perhaps I'm using a different version of this emulator? I can't see how - It says wiimote 2.1 or something on the boot screen. Is there a version of this emu with zip support for .sfc roms and decent file names display? Cos other than these two annoying faults the emu is decent and I think it's a genius and better alternative to the rip-off virtual console.

can anyone with a brain and some experience shed some light on this please because I'm stumped?

It's a matter of priorities. I agree that having to rename you roms to put them on an SD card can be quit annoying, but I find playing with Zipped roms is pointless anyways. Just my opinion. I have a 1G card with multiple emulators and multiple roms for each and I still have space to spare.

Maybe they were simply responding to the overwhelming demand for Wiimote support. God knows why though. I don't like having to buy a new economy sized pack of batteries every 2 weeks and I have yet to find rechargeables that keep a long enough charge. You can't get really into a game in under an hour anyways.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey, kingslime thanks for your comment.

It looks as though it's a general fault with any version of the emulator then - I wonder if there's anyway around the problem besides having to rename the roms?

I don't mind lack of zip support, it's just a minor niggle to me, I like to cram as much on the card as possible, that's all.

I do like the wiimote support, as long as you can use the classic controller with it, the NES is so much better to control with the wiimote than the GC controller, there's such a big difference in feel there. Someone pointed out earlier in this thread about having to hold down 1 & 2 to sync being annoying, I can see that getting a bit old myself. I agree on the rechargeables but you can get some decent ones that last a fair while, should last a lot longer than an hour too.

Hey, Im using it now, and both with this AND the FCE Ultra that uses Wiimote, I cant seem to load any roms, just errors reffering to directories that I have prefectly placed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information