Thread: Genesis "Project" - Genesis/Megadrive/SegaCD Emu for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Blog Entries

Rev Genesis "Project" - Genesis/Megadrive/SegaCD Emu for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Eke-Eke has released a new version of the Genesis/Megadrive/SegaCD Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Heres whats new:

This is quick "fix" update that fix some bugs existing in the previous version.
    It also add progressive mode support (480p) in Wii mode and definitely fixe the "red screen" problem with PAL wii in EURGB60 mode (there was a tiny bug in libogc that makes the video hardware sometime output a wrong video signal, not RGB compatible)

here is the full changelog:

Quote:
    [Genesis]
    - modified VINT timings a little bit: fix lockup during Desert Strike's intro
    - corrected 68k interrupts handling: fix graphic glitches in Darius II/Sagaia

[NGC/Wii]
    - fixed 60Hz "Bilinear" rendering mode (was broken in last release)
    - fixed issue with the 1st file when browsing SDCARD through SD-Gekko
    - fixed GX initialization: fix "freeze" issue that occured sometime when starting a game
    - added "Wii Reboot" option
    - added PAL 50hz support in menu (black borders)
    - added progressive rendering mode support (480p) in Wii mode (not supported by the PAL60 version, use the other one !)
    - compiled with a modified libogc: should definitely fix the PAL "red screen" issue for RGB-cable users (still use the PAL60 version !)

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Wow, I didnt know there was a Sega CD emulator for Gamecube!

DCEmu Newbie

Eke-Eke, I am a bit confused on the new releases today... You have Cube versions and Wii versions, but the Wii file contains both an elf version and Dol version. I understand that genplus_wii.elf is the native Wii version, but what is the difference between the genplus_cube.dol and genplus_wii.dol builds? Perhaps you can specify in later updates of each emulator (Hugo, SMS, etc) to avoid confusion of which to use and which works in Emuloader?

Thanks again for the great work!!! -Z

Sega cd are you serious. Does it read iso mp3?

DCEmu Rookie

That is a mistake in the post here. It doesn't support Sega-CD in it's current state.

Yeah, I finally realized that
    But there's still hope !!

DCEmu Newbie

Wink A Big Hi To Our Community

:thumbup:
    Hi Everyone,have just tried the emuloader for my cube worked first time excellent bit of kit,well done..
    would be great if it was compatible with the mega cd games,to play my lawnmower man...........keep up the GREAT WRK.........
    WAYNE.............

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by zillion94 View Post
    Eke-Eke, I am a bit confused on the new releases today... You have Cube versions and Wii versions, but the Wii file contains both an elf version and Dol version. I understand that genplus_wii.elf is the native Wii version, but what is the difference between the genplus_cube.dol and genplus_wii.dol builds? Perhaps you can specify in later updates of each emulator (Hugo, SMS, etc) to avoid confusion of which to use and which works in Emuloader?

Thanks again for the great work!!! -Z
    this seems to be a common confusion so let's me explain:

.dol and .elf files are NOT specific to one or the other console, they are just two different formats for gamecube AND wii executables (both consoles use the same PowerPC CPU architecture)

so, YES you can run either .dol or .elf files on the Wii, the fact that only .elf files were released at first for the Wii was because there only was elf loaders but there are now dol loaders too ...

so, to answer your question: "_cube" files are the gamecube mode version and "_wii" files are the wii mode versions, sorry but I don't know how I could make it clearer

and , with the emuloader for gamecube, use _cube .dols emulators

with the emuloader for wii, use _wii .dols OR .elf emulators

DCEmu Newbie

Whoa, I'm having horrible crashes on the Wii version. Randomly, or sometimes through mashing buttons, the screen goes to an inflated (or high resolution) screen with what I guess are memory addresses. It sucks, now I can't play roms without fear of crashing. : (

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, I'd just like to thank you for all your hard work.

Thread Information