Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

awesome work there Lordus:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    - Implemented mid frame palette updates (water effects in Sonic games, Castlevania, etc.). Note, that this just works, if a game is constantly fast enough, so slowdowns can still cause colors to flicker.
    - Added sound state to the savestates, so that the correct tracks should play now when a state is loaded. Savestates are still not 100% reliable and loading old states can potentially cause problems.

I've been playing the hell out of the Sonic games ever since I found jEnesis (0.5), and those 2 things were the 2 th ings that bugged me.

So thanks. The best DS homebrew got even better. Downloading now.

Fantastic emulator. Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

great work but any idea why the rom "mercs" doesnt work

defintaley one of the best arcade games made for the sega, shame it isnt loading past the start screen!

DCEmu Rookie

Excellent work again Lordus. I always look forward to your updates. Cheers.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello

Ur a genuis since i got a DS i wanted to play SMS on it but the Emus werent that good, my favourite game Wonderboy Land runs now FLAWLESS like a real SMS not even a single pixel or sound is wrong!!!

DS and SMS Resolution perfectly match to its the best device for SMS emu.

Big thanks!

Greets
    Klaus

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome work! This emulator is great, one of my favorites! Most of the games I've tried work perfectly (or near enough!).

Will the big-game support come in the next version? (the 32MBit support - the kids would love to play Pocahontas on-th-go).

Is there any way that you could make an option in the menus to change the behavior of the L,R buttons? It would be handy to have one as state-save and the other as state-load. I don't find myself missing the cut-off portions of the screen enough to scroll back and forth with the L,R buttons.

Again, great job! This is definitely one of the more polished emus out there on the DS.

DCEmu Newbie

Oh my god you did it! SMS and GG emulator

I've tested a few games and so far they all work like the real thing, i found no bugs, i just can't believe this is only a preview, it's more than that, it's already perfect (who care about the FM ) and maybe the best emu on the DS! Not bad at all for a preview :rofl:

For jEnesisDS, i think you reached the very limit of the DS processing power because sometimes sound became very buggy after slowdowns, it can't handle emulating both z80 and 68000 at the same time or maybe it's a problem of syncro between arm 9 and 7, (or both lol) anyway we feel that it's too much for the poor little DS; but maybe you know some more optimisations to prevent slowdows as much as possible! The good thing is a lot of bugs are gone now and global emulation is better.

Bugs i found: in Gunstar Heroes the intro is broken, still no potions showing on Golden Axe, Comix zone is still a mess lol and in Mega Bomberman in battle mode i see strange lines over the battlefield...

Thanks a lot Lordus, nice update... As always :thumbup:

Edit: For the next version maybe you can enable the 6 button pad by default and add large rom support, i think i'm not the only one dying to play Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic 3 anywhere

Edit2: By the way, is it possible to add ZIP support like Lameboy in one of your emus or they take both too much memory? Thanks
    Last edited by Shidori; April 21st, 2008 at 21:13.

Fabulous. What more can I say?

ive run into a problem....
    I downloaded the file, got jenesis, patched it and put it onto my micro sd. booted up gnm and started the emulator. when i open a rom it just shows a black screen at the top. and the system freezes. it worked well before i upgraded....
    Last edited by Danief; April 21st, 2008 at 22:32.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information