Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    Here a little update to jEnesisDS, my Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for the Nintendo DS.

Changes:

- Fixed bug in Z80 core, preventing some games from having sound (Wonderboy, etc.).
    - Fixed bug in 68000 optimization, that could make some games hang (Bonanza Brothers, etc.).
    - Changed sound handling and doubled sample rate for PCM sound, resulting in slightly better sound quality.
    - HW renderer partially rewritten, many glitches should be gone, some are still there (and will probably not be easy to fix ever)
    - Sprite rendering completely rewritten in ASM. Should be faster and fix most of the sprite issues.
    - Implemented mid frame palette updates (water effects in Sonic games, Castlevania, etc.). Note, that this just works, if a game is constantly fast enough, so slowdowns can still cause colors to flicker.
    - Many little optimizations in memory handling and the CPU cores. Should reduce slowdowns.
    - Added option for sprite masking (Landstalker etc.). It is not 100% emulated, just faked to be enough for most games using it (disable it, if sprites are missing, that should be there).
    - Added option to change between 3- and 6-Button pad (just works, if the option is applied BEFORE loading a game). When 6-Button pad is disabled, L+R can be used to move the visible screen area, X to center it.
    - Added sound state to the savestates, so that the correct tracks should play now when a state is loaded. Savestates are still not 100% reliable and loading old states can potentially cause problems.

Oh, before i forget, the archive contains a preview version of a SMS/Gamegear emulator for the DS, that i have been working on a bit.

What it can do so far:
    - Enhanced Z80 ASM core used in jEnesisDS.
    - SMS/GG emulation.
    - 10 Savestates per game.
    - Rewind and fast forward feature.
    - Settings can be saved per game.
    - Fully rendered by the DS 2D hardware.
    - Perfect sync option, that actually syncs every scanline (emulated scanline to DS scanline).
    This option is more accurate, and needed for some games to look correctly, but it can be problematic to use it, when "Rewind" is enabled.
    - sample accurate (almost ;P) PSG emulation.
    - Stereo sound for GG games.

Known issues:
    - timing is not exactly correct yet, so some games might not work, or have glitches.
    - No FM emulation (yet?)
    - Sprite updates need to be improved, sometimes there can be glitched sprites atm.
    - Interface practically ripped from jEnesisDS
    - Many more, that i don't remember now..

As always, please leave feedback in this thread.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Addition by Wraggster

If you use jEnesisDS please donate to Lordus so he can make this emulator even better
    hi, i only joined this forum yesterday, looking for a sega megadrive emulater for ds.. & here i am. great forum. please help, i have the emulater now on my ds edge card, i just cant for the life of me find any game roms for it?!, looked everywhere. my favourite megadrive/genesis game was decap attack, i have seen posts stating this is available & very good quality, so please someone point me in the right direction. i will be very very greatful!. thank you. mark

DCEmu Pro

Wow, it's illegal to talk about commercial roms here, yes even old ones. Did you even read my post above?
    Use Google,then lets think about what we are searching for.
    What Keywords would I possibly use?
    Let's see it's a Genesis game, it's a Rom and it's name is Decap Attack, I don't know type what you think is best in the Search Area, press Search button. Click the 1st or 3rd item from the search results(if you figured out the keywords from my cryptic sentence above). Then look for the elusive Download this Rom button. What I've typed may still be against the rules but it may circumvent them. I don't really know why I'm helping.
    Honestly is google searching really that hard?

Also there is a newer version of jenesisDS

jEnesisDS 0.7.4
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...hlight=jenesis

DCEmu Newbie

Tried jenesisDS today. Really good emulator. Simple interface & very easy to use. Most ROMS I tried fired up without much trouble. Some hitches with some of them but on the hole things worked pretty well. Game speed was good as was the sound. Shame about the screen size problem but the reason that can't be fixed has been well explained by the guy behind jenesisDS ellswhere.

Anyone got Gunstar Heroes running okay? It crashed for me the first time the screen got busy (about 3 seconds into the game!). I was doubtful the emu could handle this game as it's just so busy. Virtual Racing didn't seem to work either. Would love to play that again. Gauntlet loaded oaky but I couldn't control the character. Had some serious graphical glitches with some other games but many run pretty sweetly & it's great to have these on the DS to play again.

BTW, did SEGA ever do a version of Alien Syndrome for the Mega DRive/Genesis? I'm still looking for the definitive home version of that classic. Wii version coming out soon but it looks like they have fooked with the concept way to much for my liking.

DCEmu Newbie

yeah um still with the screen to big, I know you guys said about the horizontal scaling but where is it? I got straight to file browser

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by babujbf View Post
    yeah um still with the screen to big, I know you guys said about the horizontal scaling but where is it? I got straight to file browser

lol, good one! Thanks!

wait, your not joking?

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for this

DCEmu Newbie

Any one knows a work around for the horizontal scaling ?

Cause when you're playing a pinball games like psycho pinball, it's a little pain in the a... :P

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Lordus, like most of the people who read this, we are all looking for answers, and like everyone else, I appreciate all the help and knowledge that you share with us. I us an m3 card for my ds and I run jenesisds through it. It starts up fine and when I go to load a game, nothing happens. I tried downloading the DSOrganizeMMD.zip and loaded it straight on the card, and when I run the DSO, I don't get a magnifying glass/folder to click on to run jenesis. Does it have anything to do with my m3 real? I even tried changing my settings, but there is nothing I can change that would make a difference. Once again, I appreciate your help, and I wouldn't doubt if you answered this question before, and if you have I am sorry for making you repeat yourself. There is only so much I guy can read, and I just get more confused because everyone uses different cards, and programs.
    Brock1118

DCEmu Newbie

Before anything else:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=119510
    There's a new version out and there has been for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by keeper666 View Post
    Any one knows a work around for the horizontal scaling ?

Cause when you're playing a pinball games like psycho pinball, it's a little pain in the a... :P

Thanks
    The best workaround I can think of is enabling the "Follow DPad" option (You need jEnesisDS 0.7.4, you'll find it in the topic I mentioned above). Alternatively, push the L and R buttons depending on where you want the screen to go.

Quote Originally Posted by brock1118
    words
    I don't quite follow you. If you've got jEnesisDS 0.7.4, it doesn't seem to load at all through DSOrganize. If you've got jEnesisDS 0.7, try switching your DSO loader around. If you were trying the internal loader, try Mighty Max. If you were trying Mighty Max, try Chishm. Just switch around loaders.
    Or were you actually able to load jEnesisDS via DSO? If so, make sure that your DSO is DLDI patched, because I'm pretty sure DSO patches stuff automatically.
    I don't have an M3 Real, so I can't help much, I'm afraid.
    Also, would you mind using a bit better grammar? You're a tad hard to understand at the moment.

Hope I helped, people. I'm trying.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brock1118 View Post
    Hey Lordus, like most of the people who read this, we are all looking for answers, and like everyone else, I appreciate all the help and knowledge that you share with us. I us an m3 card for my ds and I run jenesisds through it. It starts up fine and when I go to load a game, nothing happens. I tried downloading the DSOrganizeMMD.zip and loaded it straight on the card, and when I run the DSO, I don't get a magnifying glass/folder to click on to run jenesis. Does it have anything to do with my m3 real? I even tried changing my settings, but there is nothing I can change that would make a difference. Once again, I appreciate your help, and I wouldn't doubt if you answered this question before, and if you have I am sorry for making you repeat yourself. There is only so much I guy can read, and I just get more confused because everyone uses different cards, and programs.
    Brock1118
    The DSOrganizeMMD.zip was a workaround for the MaxMediaDock device.JenesisDS .07 would freeze on the GnM and MMD when you touched the screen or tried to load a game. The zip file has DSO patched for the MMD.

Which M3 device are you using?

Try prepatching JenesisDS.nds for your device even if it has autopatching.

I suppose you could try using DSO or Spinal's Menu to load Jenesis. This was the workaround for the GnM and MMD as mentioned above but worth a shot.

Thread Information