Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neo4All suggestions to Chui

Default Neo4All suggestions to Chui

Hi,

Just tried Neo4All and am extremely impressed.

The only downside I find is with loading/saving, do we have to go back to the interface screens while this is happening? It does break up the 'feel' of the game considerably, I'd prefer to stay with the game and maybe show a disc icon in the corner as DCastaway does?

Also when loading the disc drive seems to stop, then spin up again for every load. Can this be prevented? It does add a couple of seconds to each load.

Overall though it's an excellent emulator (as is your other DC stuff), thank you.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, I didn't realise that I was still signed up here... It's been so damn long. Haha.
    Yeah, I had no idea there was a version 2 of his emu... I musta missed the announcment. Man, it's pretty much full speed. I actually think for sure that it is. I emailed him yesterday with a couple of suggestions and bugs... they were....

1) Swap the buttons around. On the real Neo Geo the A + B buttons are the top 2. But on the Dreamcast they're the bottom 2. Makes it a little confusing when first playin a game.

2) Of all the games I've tested, they all do this. If you use the "select" button at any time, especially in the menu, then while playing the game it pauses and unpauses without anything being pressed. The select button is the pause button for the Neo Geo.

3) You may want to make the return to menu feature activate by pressing both shoulder buttons. I've accidentially pressed the left trigger a few times during play ^_-

4) If you go to the menu while pushing in any direction, when you come back your character will constantly be stuck in that direction. It might be the same bug with the select button?

5) If it's possible, remove the custom "loading" screen. It's nice and all, and I like the remix of the Neo Geo tune, but it disrupts the flow of the game. Maybe just a black screen with the Neo4all Logo gradually being drawn as it loads or something?

6) I didn't notice this one at first, and it still doesn't bother me at all, but the backgrounds on the Fighting games (Samurai Showdown 4 and World Heroes Perfect for example) move really really fast. Much faster than they're supposed to.

7) Fatal Fury and Metal Slug seem to be the only games I tested with sound problems. Metal Slug's "pick up item" noise goes for a bit longer than it should. Fatal Fury often doesn't have sound effects and it plays the wrong music on all stages.

Man, I thought the last release was as fast as the Neo Geo CD would ever be emulated on the Dreamcast... I'm so glad I was wrong... I'm off to play some Samurai Showdown 4... Woooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think that NEO4ALL will be the best homebrew emulator for Dreamcast.

At last days, we are working a new NEO4ALL release.

New features just implemented:

1- FAME fixes. Speed up and now works NeoTurf Masters.
    2- New implement of create tiles and fonts (assembler 1-pass store queues). Very very fast, speed up again.
    3- Background thread for change cdaudio track and vmu saving.
    4- No switch 'loading screen'.
    5- New auto-frameskip method, much exact.
    6- Sound render improvements.
    7- Use new SDL: sound and events improvements.

Now, we want another features for this relese:

1- Patch swap A,B buttons.
    2- Try patch 'select' problem.
    3- Change enter menu with L+R triggers.
    4- Clean events after menu.
    5- Solve little FAME cycle-problem with DIV opcodes.

Sound problems will be fix at future releases, NEO4ALL needs a new Z80 core and fixes.

DCEmu Newbie

Well, it's definatly on it's way to being the best emulator... but then again, UAE4all is brilliant aswell... So it's hard to choose what's better

Dude, the sound is already near perfect as far as I can tell. Just a few games have issues.

I look forward to playing with the next version... but this current one will DEFINATLY keep me busy

Awesome news - can't wait!

ahem, let's not forget arcade stick support ahem

by this I meean support for C and Z buttons since there's none

and some button config as well.

thanks!

a new version di NEO4ALL o_o?
    But excuse me For me is perfect : |
    however good work.

P.S. I hope wich made a new version of emu AMIGA UAE4ALL, This emu has necessity of more work :|
    NEO4ALL repeat for me is P E R F E C T ^_^
    My list for uae4all continue at the end of this week. look on your monitors, auhahuahuahu =D.

Talking

UAE4ALL never runs like NEO4ALL, but can run more games and more fast using a bit assembler optimizations.

kingbuzzo -> i don't know how use C and Z buttons.

Other freshmeat-new:
    Today, i will compile first prototype of SNES4ALL under Dreamcast!!!!
    A new project of SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast and GPX2 by Fox68k, Franxis and me.
    It's a remix of last snes9x and snes9x Zaurus port (SDL video). Also, i convert Unix ioctl audio to SDL audio. Now, it's compile under Windows and GNU/Linux.

What do you think about another SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast?

Cool

OMG .
    That's incredible news, chui.
    If you three, can get the enhancements in asm that are needed for the emu, consider doing it guys. You know, is one of the most awaited emus (if not the most)
    I like more the idea of the perfect dcastaway, neo4all,uae4all or the spectrum emu before of this. Perhaps this snes emu would be more interesting for people though. If you are going with it, remember that the dsnes team liberated the main cpu core in sh asm, so you can use it without needing to make your own one(scherzo's port already has it )
    thanks for making everything possible

i understand wich uae4all, don't work my to perfect speed, but now the emu speed is F A N T A S T I C , i don't pretend of more, is marvelous. but i see wich a some of games "LIONHEARTH, AGONY, JIM POWER" don't work, and in the alpha version work very well ,"JIM POWER NO" but LIONHEART i think 95% of speed O_O, however if someone help me to made the list of games wich don't work, in my thread of list compatibility, i appretiate very much :|.
    This week was terrible, i made very work -___-,.
    snes4all O____O ?
    I don't know what tell you chui, are INCREDIBLE
    P.S. i wait also next brillants emu of old computers of RUI =D "dragon, enterprise"
    And i prey every day for see emu of neogeo pocket of great GPF, AND PC-ENGINE of QUZAR. good work at all and sincerly thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information