Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Beware- Nintendos Warning

I really can't remember on the whole accessories thing. And, it is reasonable for Nintendo to say that opening your console voids your warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15 View Post
    I would take this with a pinch of salt just liked they used the threats on the Wii updates saying "If your console contains any illegal modifcation your console could become inoperable"
    I totally forgot about that message. I don't like that one either. :P What is considered an illegal modification? Last time I checked, I can legally mod my console. (Though, I live in the U.S., other places could be different.)

aah, crap i got a d2ckey on a wii-clip about 3 week ago..

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Further, such use may lead to injury to yourself or others
    sounds like a physical threat to me haha

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    sounds like a physical threat to me haha
    yeah, it does

I wonder if Nintendo can detect the Twilight hack...

Quote Originally Posted by SchmuckofNI View Post
    I wonder if Nintendo can detect the Twilight hack...
    my guess:
    they can only detect it if you're trying to update the wii firmware with the homebrew channel installed, but that's a long shot though..

just remove the channel when you update your wii in the future, and they can't detect it..

EDIT: i hope the d2ckey is just as stealth as they say it is..

They already are enforcing this. I tried to connect to the Nintendo WFC Online and I was getting errors left and right. I tweaked my router to death and nothing worked. Then as I was looking for a solution someone suggested to unplug everything from the wii and try again. I had an AGP and a $3 Intec Gamecube 32MB memory card, so I unplugged them both and lo and behold I connected with no problems. Seems like Nintendo didn't like the memory card, thinking it was an SDCard adapter or Wiikey.

Well Microsoft have very easily clamped down hard on modded (soft modded or chipped) xbox machines so I dont see why it would be any different for Nintendo? ...MS get the ban hammer out if they detect anything slightly suspect (they did this on xbox 1 and also now xbox 360). All the people on here saying 'they can't touch me' are just in denial.

Be afraid pirates be very afraid. lol

to be honest i really couldnt care if i got knocked of online or not ive got my xbox for that. online on the wii is poor at best

DCEmu Newbie

If you get kicked online on wii its an easy problem to fix, depends what they use right? I put it in a good to bad way Order.

1. Mac address Patcher, Would Patch your wii's wifi board with a completly random Mac address, and if u get banned again it will generate a new one.

2. A patcher that would patch your wii to connect to online through a wii made speedy proxy.. might not work to well though.

3. Wii firewall, will block anything from writing to the NAND Memory, There would be a channel to set it up and to disable etc.

4. A full Flash,IPL Format and Reinstallation of the firmware (Would be super dangerous, maybe they could build a flash Battery where u plug it in ur wii power input and it works like ur plugged into a wall socket, but it has a built in sensor for the flasher to check the batterys life, which would have to be like over 70% to do the flashing, would also require you to plug the normal wii's adapter into the battery just in case, and if u have a power cut your battery would take over, (still, flashing is dangerous)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information