Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Beware- Nintendos Warning

Blog Entries

Rev Pirates Beware- Nintendos Warning

Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with any unauthorized device or any non-licensed accessory. You may not use any such device in connection with your Wii Console or Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty and is a breach by you of this agreement. Nintendo may take steps to disable any unauthorized device installed in your Wii Console, including, but not limited to detecting and disabling your Wii Console through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If a modification is detected, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or games may be unplayable until the modification is removed. Further, such use may lead to injury to yourself or others and may cause performance issues and/or damage to your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service. Nintendo (as well as any Nintendo licensee or distributor) is not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of such device or non-licensed accessory.

Pirating of Virtual Console games can be easily detected, best stick to free emulators

DCEmu Newbie

That T&C quote seems far more focussed on mod chipping than on VC piracy, hence "accessory" and "device". I don't imagine we'll see many people ripping their Wiis open to remove their chips because of this.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

AMEN, Nintendo.

Keep those pirates at bay so the rest of us can /enjoy/ the possibilities that have opened up.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Where there is a Wii there is a Way

First, Nintendo must be careful, in America at least. The US disregards half of the copyright conventions we are a party too (UK and Hong Kong can bugger off). Then we have fair use. And last to argue is the "useful" of "useful arts" in the US Constitution. The Wii is arguably a weapon of war designed to destroy us internally and idely (Boxing anyone??)

We own the hardware and usage rights to the operating system and all "End User Lisence Agreements" are on their face presented after the point of purchase and "uncontionable on their face," otherwise unenforcable by any court (of law).

Second, Hiroshima and Nagasaki do not justify the wholesale $#@! of American youth by Nintendo (of America.)

Third, Nintendo can keep their warrenty: Super Smash Brothers and absolute crap, or Chess?

Last, I want to know, If one buys Virtual Console Zelda, does the creator of Zelda get a royalty, and a pension fund, and a Digital Medium Award? I highly doubt it.

And beside the point, as out of my mind I may be,

Does Nintendo want a class action law suit??

Surely deliberatly breaking your product after the point of sale is unfair and monopolistic: See PS2 Laser scandal.

Is anyone as infuriated over this as I am?

"Everytime you buy from Nintendo God kills a kitten."

Thanks again to everyone working on the wii, and sorry if my comments are timeless and out of place.

Serves pirates right.
    Although I havent exactly NOT pirated games from Nintendo.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Trips View Post
    Is anyone as infuriated over this as I am?
    Not to the point where I have to make rambling nonsensical posts.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    Further, such use may lead to injury to yourself or others and may cause performance issues and/or damage to your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service.

UHHHH is anyone else creeped out by that? But at least they're finally cracking down on the cheaters online!

What's the source of that warning?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by crouchingleech View Post
    What's the source of that warning?
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...rivacyEULA.jsp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information