Tom Enright is 28 years old and has worked in games retail for nearly a decade, and as with many of his colleagues a significant portion of his wages goes right back into the store. His tiny bedroom – a converted garage at his parents’ house that only recently got a door – is lined wall to wall, floor to ceiling with video games from multiple generations. He has limited-edition consoles, games signed by their developers, and a sealed full-scale replica Portal gun. But closest to his heart is his collection of every Dreamcast game ever released in the PAL region that includes the UK.
Tom is also a friend of mine, and one of the reasons I got back into console gaming after I practically skipped the PS2/Xbox/GameCube generation. I didn’t yet know him when he started his collection of Dreamcast games and accessories, but I knew him when, three or four years ago, he finished it.
“It was sort of mostly complete for ages”, he tells me, “There were just one or two certain ones that were a massive pain in the arse to get hold of.”
Those included: Samba de Amigo (with Maracas), whose undamaged box is so difficult to find that people sell the empty packaging on eBay; Sega Bass Fishing with Sega Fishing Controller, a bundle that he had to order from Australia (also part of the PAL region); and a couple of more expensive titles like the “bloody terrible” MoHo and French-only Taxi 2, which is “probably even worse”.

Bundles and accessories for the Dreamcast

Sega Bass Fishing isn’t his only import. While his complete collection is PAL-specific, he’s also added a few games that only came out in North America and Japan. Since he doesn’t speak Japanese, he’s not even sure what some of those are about, but predicts that there are probably some “weird ones”. Any dating sims, for example, would fall under the category of games he didn’t know he owned and wouldn’t even know how to play, whereas Tokyo Bus Guide, a precursor of the likes of Euro Truck Simulator, was an intentional purchase.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/10/15/m...dreamcast-game