Thread: Dell rumored to be selling XP until 2012, Ballmer says MS can "wake up smarter"

IRC Chat Dell rumored to be selling XP until 2012, Ballmer says MS can "wake up smarter"

via Engadget

Windows XP has a date with destiny scheduled for June 30, but it looks like the plucky OS just isn't ready to go: Ultraportable OEMs will be able to preload XP until "one year after the general availability of Windows 7," whenever that is, and now we're hearing reports that Dell's telling customers it'll sell XP on professional systems until 2012. The Dell thing is just a rumor for now, but what's Steve Ballmer doing telling reporters that although XP is EOL, "if customer feedback varies, we can always wake up smarter" and extend XP sales? Um, Steve? Customers have been feeding back like crazy and Microsoft has kind of ignored them, remember? Maybe it's time for a quick nap.

Update: That was pretty funny for a totally unintentional typo, wasn't it?

Of course, this operative system is awesome, and a lot of people still use it over the new Vista. Plus with the recently Service Pack 3, I think I will use XP for a long time

I just hope the games I want will still support XP

been on vista once but the visuals and new features arent worth the performance hit so i changed back to xp. I mean whats wrong with xp?

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

My new Dell is on it's way. Comes loaded with Vista premium. I'll give Vista a chance. If I don't like the performance, then back to xp. Maybe even Linux. I've been wanting to try Linux sooooo bad.
    oooh la la. the possibilities.

Thread Information