It took a while until I found some spare time to check firmware 2.00 for the PlayStation4, but it was worth it!

First I'll show you two funny screenshots from my PS4:

I told you the TitleID research is important, didn't I?
NPXS20993

So yes, I could finally access the Debug Settings on a retail console. But no, we can not use it
Sony learned their lesson and removed the back-end so this is not very useful for us.
Maybe there is a way to unlock it's full potential, but I could not find it, yet.

Here I explained how to start applications by it's TitleID on PS4. This kind of information is very important and I would like to encourage everyone to try it and add your results to the public list of PS4 TitleID's.

Next on my list was to check WebKit. Sure, the stand-alone Internet Browsers WebKit was updated, but what about other applications and games?

Any application listed under the "TV & Video" menu uses a quite old WebKit.
To be more specific:

Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation 4) AppleWebKit/531.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) SCEE/1.0 Nuanti/2.0

Worth a try for those who want 2.00

Last but not least I made a ridiculous discovery. This one has to do with a memory leak which led me to super interesting data. So far I got around 15MB of compressed but clear-text script data. If you wonder if this is a lot, YES IT IS! In a readable layout this is more than 250.000 lines of code.

Currently I shared this with a hand full of trusted developers to help me mastering this amount. Once we are through it we'll post about it, so stay tuned!

Please remember this was only a quick review which took like 2 hours, surely there's still a lot to find on this firmware

- SKFU

http://www.skfu.xxx/2014/10/ps4-firm...ck-review.html