Thread: Review: XCM Multi-Console Component Cable v3

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Reviews Review: XCM Multi-Console Component Cable v3

XCM Multi-Console Component Cable v3
    Manufacturer: XCM
    Site: Buy from Play-Asia
    Price: $39.99

Overview : Finally a single cable to connect ALL your consoles to your TV! No more switchbox's needed, this cable can handle it all. Finally you can free up those extra inputs on your TV for other devices!

Features :
    • Fully Compatible with Xbox 360™, Wii™, PS3™/PS2™, PSP Slim™, Xbox™ consoles.
    • Built in switch prevents interference of other consoles while in use.
    • High quality shielded cable.
    • Supports Component Signals (Stereo).
    • High Quality and High Speed of Transfer Signal.
    • Supports Dolby Prologic.
    • Supports DTS 5.1 Channel System.
    • Supports DOLBY Digital Surround Sound.
    • Supports Stereo Sound.
    • Supports Optical Signal on Xbox 360™.
    • Compatible with Surround Sound Receiver or Integrated Amplifiers.
    • Supports CRT, Plasma, LCD or any HDTV System
    • Supports D2 (480i/480P); (720i/720P) & D4 (1080i/ 1080P) technology.

Quality/Usability : XCM has released another multi-console component cable but unlike v2, v3 supports not only Xbox360, Wii, PS2, PS3 but now PSP and the original Xbox! This is an all-in-one cable for your whole entire entertainment center.

There are five plugs for your console: PSP, PS2/PS3, Wii, Xbox, and Xbox 360. On the other end are the component cable inputs that connect to your TV. On the "switcher" itself, you have six switches: PSP, PS2/PS3, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360HD and 360SD. So just switch to the system you are playing with.

The quality of the cable is sturdy and very durable. The visual quality that the cable outputs is on par with that of the stand alone cables. I did not see any ghosting or any lag. The colors were bright and crisp from what I have seen during the testing. Switching between consoles only took a couple of seconds for it to be displayed. However, switching between consoles on the switcher can be a little annoying. Sometimes you'll "overshoot" the switch that you want. So you'll have to slowly push the switch.

In my original review of the Multi-Console Component Cable v2, I mentioned that the cable from system to system is fairly long. Its long enough if your system was near or next to each other. But after upgrading my entertainment center and having my systems in different locations, the cables were not long enough especially if you have them on different shelf heights. The cable from the TV to the switcher has a decent length to it.

Below is a video on how to connect the Multi-Console Component Cable v3:

Conclusion : Overall, the XCM Multi-Console Component Cable v3 works great like its predecessor. Quality and build is sturdy. Visual quality is great as well as the color. However, the length of the cables from system to switcher and to other systems isnt long enough if you have systems in different locations or on different shelves. If you have majority of the systems and they are near each other, you wont have all those cables dangling and it frees up your AV slots. However, if you only have 1 or 2 systems, this is not worth the cost. The price tag of $39.99 is fair but $29.99-$34.99 would be the sweet spot.

Images via comments
    Last edited by bandit; March 2nd, 2011 at 15:21.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Thread Information