Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post

ADVANCED

You can run NeoDSConvert from the command line. In this case, it takes up to 2 parameters.
    -bios0 use the euro bios
    -bios1 use the euro-s1 bios
    -bios2 use the us bios
    -bios3 use the us-e bios
    -bios4 use the asia bios
    -bios5 use the japan bios
    -bios6 use the japan-s2 bios
    -bios7 use the japan-s1 bios
    -bios8 use the uni-bios.10 bios
    -bios9 use the uni-bios.11 bios
    -bios10 use the debug bios
    -bios11 use the asia-aes bios
    If there is another parameter, it will be interpreted as the name of the game, as given to MAME. In this case, only this rom will be converted.

For example, pretend you want to convert Metal Slug 1, using the japan-s2 bios. Create a new directory (C:\roms). Copy mslug.zip and NeoDsConvert.exe into C:\roms. To open a command line, click start, select "run...", type "cmd", and press enter. Type "cd c:\roms". Press enter. Then type "NeoDSConvert -bios6 mslug". Press enter.

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments
    read first post

DCEmu Newbie

This works brilliantly. The only game that has frozen on me so far is Neo Drift-out. Garou runs at around 52fps but everything is perfect on it. Sengoku 3 is missing lifebars, but runs completely at full speed. Metal Slug X, 3, 4, and 5 run amazingly well except for slowdown in high-detail explosions, but that's entirely understandable. This is ****ing amazing work, and even more so as a first release!

I'm using a slot-2 M3 Perfect CF, and I didn't have to patch the .nds to get it to run. I used the -bios1 setting that everyone recommended.

Can I suggest something, however? Could you add a button to the GUI menu for switching button mappings? In most Neo Geo games, the ABCD->ABXY setup isn't working well (for example, jumping and gunning in Metal Slug is really awkward, and the traditional fighter's setup that I'm used to on dualshocks don't translate well to the DS for KoF and Garou because the punches and kicks are reversed). Having that option to switch stuff around would be great. Also, I agree on adding a Test Switch button.

Once again, this is completely brilliant. I didn't believe it when my friend mentioned it yesterday. I thought he was talking about a Neo Geo Pocket emulator!

i think im just using a bad neogeo.zip, cause i keep getting that green screen. Where did you guys get yours?

or is that considered evil asking for that here? O.o

There is a bug (a wierd one, btw) i found on Cyber Lip. At the 4th stage (choosing the Upward way), when you fight the boss, the game's sound disappear, but return as soon as you go to the next screen (fading out and in).

And I miss a pause function >-(
    And is it possible to add the "sleep mode when DS is closed" function?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by davidcrew View Post
    read first post
    OK, but how do I go about creating a new directory? Again, I'm not exactly a computer programmer, and I might need a little more hand-holding.

Default Wow!

I only test it with viewport, and it work perfect!!!

Can someone put a comp. lit ?

Thanks

I.G: thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks a lot, Ben Ingram!!!
    Yesterday I thought this was impossible, and now I'm playing my favourites NEOGEO games. I could not believe how well SNKvsCAPCOM works!!!

There are two things I miss from PC emulators: save states and mainly the CONSOLE MODE. Many of the games are too difficult for me and I remember that booting in console mode you could make them easier.

Or is there a way to access the CONSOLE MODE? Some bios parameter?

As for the KoF98 issue, the latest MAME rom boots in grid mode. Browsing my collection I found an older set that works perfectly.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ComTruise View Post
    OK, but how do I go about creating a new directory? Again, I'm not exactly a computer programmer, and I might need a little more hand-holding.
    OK
    First Step
    You have succefully decompressed the emulator, so you need no help with this.
    Second Step
    Open the Folder with the emulator
    Third Step
    Right Klick on the white Space in the window where your emulator is, choose new in the context menu and new folder
    Fourth Step
    Rename this folder roms
    Fifth Step
    Copy the converter and the roms into the folder
    Sixth Step
    Open commandline
    Look for it in the Startbar, where your programs are, it's called commandline
    Sevens Step
    Go with the Commandline to where your roms are
    is you have a folder on C then it you must type cd c:\neods010\roms
    Eigth Step
    Run the converter with neodsconvert -bios1
    Thats it

DCEmu Newbie

Card: Cyclo DS (black version) firmware version 1.31

Roms Used: title - Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001
    set name - mslug

Bios Applied: Neo-Geo 1990 SNK

Steps you Took: followed the direction about the -bios1
    NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

What Happens on the Screen: When using a grenade and it goes to blow up the screen goes all green and funky! If switching CPU speed it'll reset and go back to the press start to play menu

Other than that it works fine
    ----------------------------
    Roms Used: title - Metal Slug 2 - Super Vehicle-001/II
    set name - mslug2

What happens on the screen: Black screen after selecting character. Music still plays.
    --------------------------------
    Roms Used: title - Metal Slug 3
    set name - mslug3

What happens on the screen: Gets down to 35 frames with about 5 bad guys on screen plus lots of grenade explosions, but up to 60 frames when 1 or 2 guys on screen and no grenades used.
    --------------------------------------
    Roms Used: title - Metal Slug X - Super Vehicle-001
    set name - mslugx

What happens on the screen: Title screen starts to show the title name 'Me' and as the 'T' flies on screen goes green/white and it goes back to trying to load the title name.
    When insert coins it detects this put when hitting Start to play it goes back to title screen
    ---------------------------
    All above Roms work fine in Mame Emu i've got.

Not coming across any issues switching between games either.

Also at this stage got KOF 2003 working fine with sound and everything!
    It runs a lil slow though but its hardly noticable at 43 to 50 FPS and in scale mode the health bars go a bit funny but meh i'm playing in normal video mode!

I'm using a 1Gb Kingston (japan made) microSD which are suposed to be fast read/write, which could also be coming into play with people having issues.
    -----------

BTW
    thankyou very much for making this! I've just recently gotten back into 2D fighters and its great being able to play them on the DS!
    Last edited by xXJackXx; May 1st, 2008 at 12:52.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks again for making this great emulator, I wonder, what's the reason some games play the Startup Sound from the NeoGeo Bios, while others won't?
    Another small suggestion (I know you are bombarded with suggestions right now :-) ) an auto frameskip would be fantastic

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information