Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

its no run on supercard lite?a green screen appears and go to a screen with various collors and after go a screen with strange options...
    Last edited by LHCO; April 30th, 2008 at 06:41.

DCEmu Rookie

1. download his software, say you put it in c:\neods, it will look like this:

c:\neods\NeoDs.ds
    c:\neods\arm7\
    c:\neods\arm9\
    c:\neods\common\
    c:\neods\cyclone2
    c:\neods\NeoDsConvert

2. For an example we will get metal slug working. Place your mslug.zip file and neogeo.zip file inside the c:\neods\NeoDsConvert directory. The rom zip must be a valid mame rom, and the neogeo bios must be the latest bios.

3. inside windows go to Start menu --> Run --> and type in "cmd" and hit enter, a DOS prompt will appear.

4. type in the following commands when the DOS prompt appears:
    1. c: [enter]
    2. cd neods [enter]
    3. cd NeoDsConvert [enter]

5. Once you are in the c:\neods\neodsconvert directory type the following command: (make sure you placed the rom and bios in this directorty as indicated in step 2)

neodsconvert -bios1

You will see a bunch of conversion stuff fly by in the dos window. if you are returned to a dos prompt with no errors, everything is a success.

6. close the DOS window and explore in windows back to c:\neods\NeoDsConvert , 2 new files will have been created by the converter, mslug.neo , and neogeo.neo.

7. finnaly copy mslug.neo neogeo.neo AND NeoDs.nds (found at c:\neods\NeoDs.ds ) to THE ROOT of your memory card. It will not load up if these 3 files are not in the root of your card.

8. turn on DS, run NeoDs.ds.

9. select mslug rom inside the emulator and press start

10. Game should be running

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by juiceface View Post
    Figured it out!!! I had an older version of the neogeo bios i found the newest one and now everything is PERFECT
    (...)
    Man thank you, u don't imagine how you help me out ^_^

The problem i had was not with the ROM itself, but the BIOS file, thanks a lot!

Oh yeah, and ingramb, you did a freaking hell of a good work here, congrats!

Wow! Thanks a bunch juiceface! I'll try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by juiceface View Post
    1. download his software, say you put it in c:\neods, it will look like this:

c:\neods\NeoDs.ds
    c:\neods\arm7\
    c:\neods\arm9\
    c:\neods\common\
    c:\neods\cyclone2
    c:\neods\NeoDsConvert

2. For an example we will get metal slug working. Place your mslug.zip file and neogeo.zip file inside the c:\neods\NeoDsConvert directory. The rom zip must be a valid mame rom, and the neogeo bios must be the latest bios.

3. inside windows go to Start menu --> Run --> and type in "cmd" and hit enter, a DOS prompt will appear.

4. type in the following commands when the DOS prompt appears:
    1. c: [enter]
    2. cd neods [enter]
    3. cd NeoDsConvert [enter]

5. Once you are in the c:\neods\neodsconvert directory type the following command: (make sure you placed the rom and bios in this directorty as indicated in step 2)

neodsconvert -bios1

You will see a bunch of conversion stuff fly by in the dos window. if you are returned to a dos prompt with no errors, everything is a success.

6. close the DOS window and explore in windows back to c:\neods\NeoDsConvert , 2 new files will have been created by the converter, mslug.neo , and neogeo.neo.

7. finnaly copy mslug.neo neogeo.neo AND NeoDs.nds (found at c:\neods\NeoDs.ds ) to THE ROOT of your memory card. It will not load up if these 3 files are not in the root of your card.

8. turn on DS, run NeoDs.ds.

9. select mslug rom inside the emulator and press start

10. Game should be running
    Great tutorial, but you can put the NeoDS.nds file anywhere, but it only looks for roms in the root.

DCEmu Coder

Even though the converter creates a neogeo.neo file, you don't need it. Each *.neo file has bios information embedded inside it. Only GAME.neo and NeoDS.nds are needed.

But thank you juiceface, that is much more thorough than my instructions

After following juiceface's very well written tutorial I still can't get the games to work. The files were properly converted (with the "-bios1" flag) but all I get is either a wonderful seizure-causing flashing screen, or an inconclusive black screen. (I waited for about 4 minutes on the blank black screen)

Is it because I have a Max Media Dock? I DLDI patch, so.....I don't know what is wrong.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the next release and hope that works..... *sigh* V_V

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LHCO View Post
    its no run on supercard lite?a green screen appears and go to a screen with various collors and after go a screen with strange options...

This happend in my SC. (LOL time, NO$GBA runs like SC! XD)

DCEmu Newbie

To people who have got kof98 working, which bios number did you guys apply, I tried 6 and pops up with the grid screen.

DCEmu Regular

Ok still not getting it to work guys...

Tried juiceface's tutorial but still no luck, on the command prompt i type C: then i type in cd neods and then it comes up saying it can't find the directory?

And whats this bios-1 thing all about? i have the mame bios which brings up a black screen on my ds when loaded...

For me and others like me can someone make an even simpler tutorial explaining everything please :-)

paul

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information