Thread: Sega Reunites Xenogears Staff For DS Game

NDS Sega Reunites Xenogears Staff For DS Game

via Wired News

No, you can't have another Xenogears, but Sega will give you the next best thing.

This summer, Sega will release World Destruction, a new fantasy RPG for the Nintendo DS created by three key Xenogears alums.

Writer Masato Kato, character designer Kunihiko Tanaka, and composer Yasunori Mitsuda are at the core of the game's development. All three previously worked together in similar roles on the classic Square Enix RPG, and have since gone on to freelance game development careers.

The developer is Image Epoch, creators of the Luminous Arc series of Nintendo DS tactical RPGs.

The current issue of Famitsu shows off plenty of screens of both gameplay and cut scenes. The story revolves around a pair of characters, Kyrie and Morute, who join an underground organization called "Destruction of the World." The goal of said organization is -- you guessed it -- to bring about the end of the world. But for a good cause: humans are enslaved by monsters.

Illustrating just how serious Sega is about this franchise, World Destruction will also be accompanied by an anime series produced by Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, Blood+).

Looking forward to this. But I miss RPGs with music by Motoi Sakuraba on DS. I hope Camelot will make Golden Sun 3 soon too

Thread Information