Microsoft announced HoloLens last week as a standalone device, but the company is exploring the possibility of its integration with PC and its Xbox One console as well.
In an interview with Polygon, Xbox boss Phil Spencer explained how a successful launch on its own would almost certainly present scenarios to work with exisiting platforms such as PC and Xbox.
“We think it’s important [HoloLens] succeeds as a stand-alone device. I think the experiences you see today are all standalone.” Spencer said.
“They’re running in the device itself, which is really an accomplishment. There’s no tether to something else, cause what you’re going to see is fairly high fidelity experiences that I think will be impressive that it’s running right here.
“We wanted to land that first.”
Spencer also stressed that the primary function of HoloLens isn't gaming, but that it will play an important part in the totality of the device.
“I think gaming will be important. Specific scenarios with the Xbox we’re thinking hard about where people could ask about streaming solutions, use it as a display for Xbox, we don’t have answers for any of those things.”
HoloLens was unveiled last week during Microsoft's Windows 10 event.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/micro...one-pc/0144333