This is the third installment of my "The Living Dead" series. If you're use to the other two games of this series, this game will throw you off because it is a turn based strategy game. it plays like your average zombie survival horror game, except turn based. Each turn, player's are awarded action points. These points can then be spent to accomplish various actions such as moving, shooting, reloading, picking up items, and dropping them. Your goal is to kill zombies and complete objectives.

Right now I'm just uploading a demo of how the game will play in it's final stages. I don't know when I'll actually get the game more fully developed because I'm heading back to college now and am not sure if I'll have enough time to work on it (aka, why I tried to rush and get this demo out).

Controls: Press the X button to toggle camera panning. When camera panning is on, the player can control the movement of the camera with the D-pad and the camera will not be locked onto other objects. When camera panning is off, the game will automatically scroll the camera view for the player. In doing so, the camera will be looked to the current actions in progress (NOTE: toggling camera panning during an action animation may cause it to hang up on the action, if this occurs, just re toggle the camera panning and avoid switching between these times if possible. Hopefully this problem will be fixed). Press R and L to cycle between your survivors. Tap the move button when a survivor is selected to active the survivors ability to move. Then use the D-pad to draw out a path for the survivor to follow. Each tile cost 1 action point (action points are the "AP" sprites near the top of the screen). Pressing the opposite direction of the previous direction (if previously pressed right, pressing left) will remove the direction from the path so a new path can be redrawn. Pressing B will cancel the action. To confirm a move, press the A button. Tap the weapons in the inventory (bottom screen) to select a weapon to use. The "M: " row on the inventory sprite represents how many more attacks you can perform based off the rounds left in the mag. The "A: " line represents the action point cost to attack with the weapon ("A: 3" requires 3 action points to attack). Again, like moving your character, draw a path with the D-pad. The final path marker should lie on top of the desired enemy to be attack, otherwise no damage will be dealt (bullets are not effected by walls or any other objects in the way). Yet again, press A to confirm the attack or B to cancel the attack. Each weapon has a different range and deals different amounts of damage over a distance. To reload a weapon, select the weapon you wish to reload and tap the reload icon. In order to reload a gun, you must have a spare magazine in your inventory (M9 is the only spare ammo given in this demo). To reload, you must have enough action points to do so which is specified on the "R: " line of the selected weapon. Once you are done with your turn, press the start button end your turn and then the computer's turn will begin (you may resume your turn once the computer has finished). Each turn, each survivor is awarded 8 action points (each survivor is limited to 16 action points each).

Zombies will randomly select a target from the current survivors alive and will pick new targets after the survivor dies (in an update zombies will dynamically switch targets based on in game actions). Once the zombie is adjacent to a survivor (in all 8 directions), the zombie will attack. Zombies do have some path finding abilities, so you will note in this demo that zombies will move around other zombies in order to try and reach their target. In this demo there are no obstacles, but in thorough testing, the zombies were found to be able to maneuver around many types of structure shapes to make it toward the player. These paths are not the shortest or most efficient paths, but has been proven to work. AI has been none to get stuck for a wave or to move back and forth until it picks a right path to move around. This doesn't bother me much since zombies aren't suppose to be the smartest anyways, just wanted to prevent the player from camping in a corner that zombies couldn't find their way to.

I hope you guys enjoy the demo! I've spent like 30+ hours on this project over the last week (working on it as much as I possibly could everyday). Game maps, modes, ect. will be added in the full release if I get the time. I have plans for many more weapons (melee and explosives!), items, and gear. Also the pick up and drop gear features will be implemented. Wish me luck guys! I was originally going to make this sequel an open world shooter using the engine I posted like 2 weeks ago, but I love doing things that I haven't seen done in DSGM before more :P

I want to hear what you guys think!

UPDATE:
Camera controls have been added! Both free camera movement and automated camera scrolling! Press the X button to toggle camera panning. When camera panning is on, the player can control the movement of the camera with the D-pad and the camera will not be locked onto other objects. When camera panning is off, the game will automatically scroll the camera view for the player. In doing so, the camera will be looked to the current actions in progress (NOTE: toggling camera panning during an action animation may cause it to hang up on the action, if this occurs, just re toggle the camera panning and avoid switching between these times if possible. Hopefully this problem will be fixed).

http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?t=15483&f=19