Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working Doom wads and how to merge wad files for Doom-Psp Tutorial

DCEmu Coder

For the doom wad selector... Can't you just write a *very* small app to rename one of the wads you have in your directory to the one the engine loads by default before you run doom? Or you can always add it to the engine itself, which would look a lot nicer. I forgot what it was like to play doom, my fps of choice was quake, where you could just load the mods by going:

"glqwcl.exe -game fortress" (loads the paks (equiv of wads)) from the fortress subdirectory of quake.

DCEmu Newbie

WinTex download is down :/

I use Patcher to merge wad files with my DOOM2.WAD.

Worked on me:
    These wads worked on my PSP.

- Star Trek, works perfectly well but I can't find the blue key... Maybe I can't see it because PSP-Doom can't display this texture. 8/10

- Half-Life Doom2, excellent wad that really suprised me, no new levels though. PSP-Doom shows explosion texture instead of Soda Can but still kicks ass. 10/10

- Batman Doom2, I like this wad very much and I play it only second time! Some textures like Armor Bonus are changing to other texture every milisecond... Same as some of enemies that are down. Good WAD though 10/10

- Duke Nukem 3D, cool WAD. Works but in MAIN MENU when you move nuke icon, it leaves a trace... Only one level: Hollywood Holocaust, also some textures get crazy. This is Doom of course so I can't jump on the box so I couldn't get RPG and then go through the window. I played and completed the level, is good. And next levels are Doom 2 levels but with Duke Nukem 3D enemies weapons etc. Author worked very well. Come Get Some! 7/10

- Quake 2. That wad so kicks ass that I can't even tell you how. All weapons are replaced with Quake 2 weapons, 10 new levels, enemies and lots of extra textures. Also HUD is well, sound and music. Author worked very hard. If you ever played Quake 1 and 2, you'll love it! 10/10

Doesn't work on me:
    These wads worked on my PC, but failed to play on my PSP. If you know how to solve the problem please tell me.

- Zombies. Is merged and I'm sure files isn't corrupted but I started the game and it says something about two textures linked or something. If somebody knows how to run this it would be great. Game is excellent and not so hard like other people say. You just need to get some practise. 10/10

- Alien vs Predator vs Terminator. I seen this WAD first time. Loaded OK. But when I pressed New Game -> Hurt Me Plenty or any other skill level, PSP freezes and turns off after 20 seconds. 5/10

- Blood, by JS Graham. I love Blood. Unfortunately I found out Blood on PSP port will never ever happen. But we can use Blood mods on some other games that has been already ported to PSP. I wanna play this WAD on my PSP but it says something about textures and same as Zombies, turns off. EDIT: Now I know, I need to click X on doom2.wad and Triangle on bludv2.wad. Problem solved but no new weapons or enemies, but they exist when playing this in Zdoom, which is weird. 5/10
    Last edited by michalt441; February 28th, 2008 at 19:45.

Cool maybe I can play my Doom wads made by Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold on my psp.

ps. If you don't know who they "were" then maybe you should look em up.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    Cool maybe I can play my Doom wads made by Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold on my psp.

ps. If you don't know who they "were" then maybe you should look em up.
    wow aren't you cool

No but I do find it interesting to play a level of Doom designed and created by a psychopath, it's fun being able to look inside they're head. If you haven't gotten it by my avatar you can tell I'm a little off, I don't know I'm sort of fascinated by psychos.

DCEmu Newbie

Wintex50 does not work for me i have tried but wether i want to join wads or merge wads i get deuSF errors,ive made sure the path to the folders c/wintex/doom2.wad/Fistful.wad are short and sweet,but i heard that this is a dos program and does not work on xp.
    I would really appreciate some help/advice.

THX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information