Max the webmaster of the awesome Dreamcast Scene website posted this on our forums:

Yet another topic about the Dreamcast Demo Disc #01 which was almost as often delayed than Duke Nukem Forever.

First of all, the DDD#01 release will still happen. I'm going to be honest why it was delayed for almost 2 years and hope you don't feel that disappointed after all. We had the concept of the DDD#01 in 2003, and wanted to produce 2.000 pieces and give it away for free at Lik-Sang. After we contacted a lot of DC scene intern programmers and asked if it's okay to add their game / application / emulator to this disc, we wanted to wait to give them a bit more time for a new version and some even to release brandnew content, which need time as you know. After months and months of waiting, almost nothing happend. Some projects were even cancelled without telling us a single word. And then the crappiest thing happend. Legal issues.

Yes, we indeed had some issue with... legal questions. I can't tell you more than this, but believe me that the last months were a pretty busy and expencive time.

Now, 2005, we finally want to finish it, although it's "just" a compilation of the best DC scene production and mostly designed for collectors and beginners. Beginners in that way, that we want to get new interested people in this subculture due this disc who were never connected to the DC scene before (like Japanese gamers, retro gamers, ...).

Now I want to ask you, since we would have to publish the CD all by ourself. Would you agree that this would be a good idea, would you even buy a copy for US$2.50 - 5.00 to have the "best-of-collection" of the DC scene in your shelves or would is it just worth a download?

The CD version would offer you:
* CD jewel case
* Front and backsheet in color
* Small manual
* Professional pressed CD with color print on top

Your 2 cents...?

Please answer him Here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7693