Thread: Canadian bank hands out free Eee PCs

Blog Entries

Forum Canadian bank hands out free Eee PCs

It used to be if you signed up for a new checking account, a bank might throw off a toaster, alarm clock, or in extreme modern cases, a 1GB iPod shuffle. Well times, they are a'changing, and boy do we wish we lived in Canada right now. Up north, RBC Royal Bank is offering a free ASUS Eee PC when you switch to their checking account service. That's right, you get an actual computer after completing the move (and dealing with a lot of red tape). Sure, it's only the 7-inch, 2GB version, but it still runs Xandros way better than this solar calculator we got from our bank.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/01/c...-free-eee-pcs/

DCEmu Rookie

Grr you must be 19 and over... stupid 15 year old body And must be a 13.00 dollar a month account.....
    Last edited by Brainy142; May 2nd, 2008 at 00:19.

DCEmu Newbie

Be thankful you aren't old enough to buy into this line. You know banks are getting desperate for a share of customers when they resort to this type of thing.

Trust me when I say this, they went above and beyond to screw me over at a time when I was both their employee and a account holder with them. For the crap I went through then, an Eee PC is worth less than 1/2 of what that experience cost me.

I may not be in Canada but even if I was, I'd just pass on this deal and pay for a 900 series Asus EEE PC when it finally comes out.

Thread Information