The author will be doing a playthrough of this hack that he made a couple of years ago. There were mixed reviews with a lot of negative feedback based on difficulty early on. These mostly came from people that were offended by the dialogue so they did not bother to get the Rusty Blade from Melchoir. Oh well. Though it is admitted it does take too much grinding to get the money for it, The author was not able to further edit the project after the final release, and did not want to do it all over again. It’s not a perfect hack, but it is a full one and, in my opinion, one of the better and more in depth available.
The author noticed that, as of this article, there are 1,277 downloads. WOW! The author never thought that so many people would play this game! The author would love to know how many enjoyed it! Any feedback after these 2 years would be awesome.
Anyway, The author will be playing this on Twitch, so any and all aspects can be seen. I’d love for folks to join me. This will show that the increase in difficulty is in fact slight, it just doesn’t allow for speed runs or minimal playthrough. One must actually PLAY Chrono Trigger, as if it were the first time. No playing on auto pilot like so many of us cult fanatics have come to do after almost 2 decades of replay.
A link to the channel is provided in relevant link (under the article) and the project page (somewhere) for those with any interest.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...pic,19364.html