Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS - c64 emulator new screenshot

cool, i cant wait to see this baby in action

As I have already stated , me and about 1000 other people WANT AND NEED THIS NDS EMU, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZE

I Know, I Know, But Is There Any Chance Of This Appearing Any Time Soon Or Is This A Dead Thread?

its not I'm reworking my filesystem right now since in its current implementation only certain beta tester can get it to work with the m3, everything else never finds the snapshot to be loaded. and for some reason there is a load buzzing/humming sound constantly when running on hardware and a couple minor issues with the virtual keyboard to fix.

I need some ideas for how best to handle snapshot loading, d64 etc popup menu? Let me know what you would like it to look like and Ill do that exact opposite because its easier lol, but please give me some ideas.

Troy(GPF)

a simple file selection screen would suffice, that and the ability to save is paramount. I can work a very good splashscreen etc if your interested and I also have an M3 so testing wouldnt be a problem.

DCEmu Newbie

I agree, a simple file selector would be fine. Maybe if you hit the two shoulder buttons together, it could pop up a disk/file selector. Once the disk is "inserted" then loading/saving could occur.

DCEmu Newbie

I have been testing the latest test on my DS with Supercard, and I am happy to announce that it works fine, aside from the buzzing noise that has been reported. The keyboard is of course a little flakey, but does indeed work. The C64 sounds are working fine, although that buzz really has to go The game it has been compiled with "Hero", but I will try to insert another snapshot this weekend...perhaps try to get some of my group demos to run. All in all, it really is great progress. With a little work this will definitely be one of the best emulators the DS will have to offer. The touch screen is a life saver when it comes to keyboard input, and it puts emulating this computer on the DS a step ahead of most other console frodo ports. Looking forward to updates for sure!

BTW, just for information sake, I used the ds.gba file renamed to .nds of course to enable it to run on the supercard, and it needed no patching to run...because of the loader I would assume.

Excellent news, really excellent. Now all that remains is for a nice splashscreen a la pocketnes, and I also like that menu system, but it cant hold enough roms, but thats another story. But to all concerned well done!

DCEmu Newbie

M3 + CF
    hero snap work nice...

problems:

a "buzz noise" stay long the game to the end...you can heart the c64sound but only a little...

On Hero...you can't see the "LASER" gun when you move...on the emulator (frodo) on pc.. you can see!

In the old release...with out key controll BRUCE LEE run nice... i'v not see bugs... (but I must play for examine better...)

Bye GPF & Zektor

PS...but FrodoDS witch what program is compiled ? mmmh...

great news again! But how will you tackle the problem of the buzzing noise?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information