As I’ve strongly hinted on twitter yesterday, Qwikrazor87 is going to release his next “unpatchable” hack through a ninja release on our forums.

If you don’t know what Ninja releases are or how they work, have a look at this thread on /talk. Basically: be good and active on our forums, and the release will come to you before a public announcement. Ultimately, everyone will know about the game used for the exploit, but members of our forum who see the Ninja release will know about it first.

There is a catch to this release: Qwikrazor has announced that in order to run the exploit you will need a second, hacked, device. I know that to many of you, this makes the exploit not so interesting, so if that’s your case, just move on and wait for the next hacker to kindly release their hard work (there is no ongoing plan for another release AFAIK, as of now).

Now, how does the secondary device requirement work? Well, if you’re on 3.36 (the recommended scenario), you’ll need a hacked device (either a PSP or a hacked Vita) to help install a bubble on your Vita. Once this is done, you don’t need the second device anymore.

vitapirate

On 3.50 however, things get complicated: Qwikrazor87 told me you would need the secondary device every time you want to run the hack. Of course, you can put your vita to sleep in order to “keep” the hack in ram, but overall, for 3.50, the hack appears to be more of a technical stunt than an actually useful release.

Bottom line is, if possible, stay on 3.36 or below.

Regarding the “unpatchable” nature of the hack: that is Qwikrazor’s statement and we can’t really predict what aces Sony have up their sleeves. My advice is, if you are already running a hacked Vita, don’t update for now.

But if you’re on 3.50, or better, 3.36, and have no exploited game so far, then this release could be your chance, so stay tuned on /talk.

http://wololo.net/2015/03/27/upcomin...he-fine-print/