Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Homebrew FAQ/Guide

DCEmu Newbie

Can anyone send me a link to a good NDS homebrew game maker?

The only real option you have for making programs on the DS is to use DevKitARM with the C++ language. You can use PALib to make it easier, and perhaps you could try doing something in LUA using DSLUA, but there's no "Game Maker" type app for the DS, sorry.

DCEmu Newbie

haha you can try seach the net

DCEmu Newbie

Default DS Movie Player

I saw something that looks similar to the supercard adapter it's called "DS Movie Player". I don't know if it will run any homebrew apps or games. And do I need a SuperPassKey if I'm not going to play GBA stuff? (its a DS cartridge).

I've never seen a "DS Movie Player". I've seen a slot-2 GBA Movie Player, a slot-1 Datel Games N' Music, but no DS Movie Player. Could you please provide a source for the device or a picture or something?

Default is 'GBA emulator for DS' existence now?

i am ez5(slot 1) user but don't have ez5 shot2.

are we play gba on nd(without ez5 slot2),now?

(my think is able to homeblew or anyway,do it)

answer plz.

DCEmu Newbie

hi im new to all of this and was after a bit of help. i just got a maxmedia player ang 4gb card. I plugged into computer and drop and drag some photos, i then went to my ds to open these in pics and can see the file name but when i double click it doesnt open the picture! I have now downloaded moonshell to my computer and saved in my docs. Can someone help me how i can open my pics and use other stuff, cheers

russianjap, no there is no GBA emulator for the DS. You must have something in slot-2 to run GBA files.

vicks7005, you will likely need to repatch the Moonshell.nds file with an alternate DLDI file for the Max Media Player giga-pack thing so that Moonshell will be able to talk to your filesystem. Download and install the latest version of DLDIrc from the Tools section of http://dldi.drunkencoders.com and then right-click Moonshell.nds to patch it with the new patching option that appears.

You will need to put the Moonshell.nds file somewhere where the MMP can boot it like a homebrew file. Maybe it needs to be in a special "applications" folder or something, I dunno. Basically, you use the MMP loader to launch Moonshell, which is where you can browse your card and view images, text, mp3s, etc.

DCEmu Newbie

I wish to participate but why I can't get on after registered some time ago?
    I want to know more on NDS lite & ez card etc

I have a 40-50 dollar budget and I need a good Slot-1 card that plays ROMs, homebrew games, DLDI support. Preferably uses an SD card and that cartridge won't stick out. Also, I have a white DS lite.

What is a good card I could get?

I won't need a Slot-2 card unless I want to play gba homebrew games right?

Thread Information