Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Nintendo DS Homebrew FAQ/Guide

Try installing Paperless Printer instead to print your PDF file to a series of JPEG images which can then be converted with PicToDS.

I know PicToDS has some form of PDF-to-CBDS conversion built-in, but I honestly have no clue how to work it.

1)how do i install a paperless printer?
    2)pict ds doesnt accept jpg files,does it?i only can add cbr,cbz and pdf files to it...

if someone tell me the original path for pdf to jpg part in pictods under the option-->configure path i can make it work.(i screwed up when i tried to change it!!)
    Last edited by aiat_gamer; May 1st, 2008 at 22:12.

Paperless Printer installs just like any other program. AFter installing it, go to your document and go to File - Print. Choose Paperless Printer and hit "print" to see the various options you have.

PicToDS can select a folder full of regular *.jpg images with the Choose Folder option (or whatever it's called).

DCEmu Newbie

or you can use this online convertor...
    http://convert.neevia.com/
    Its what i use!!!

This thread is a bit of a minefield to navigate for those of us who are a bit new to all this. I got an M3 DS Real for my birthday and am just trying to work out what I can do with it. Is there any chance someone who knows what they're talking about could compile all this information into one post with descriptions that mean something to those of us who might not instinctively know what an emu is (other than a big flightless bird that runs fast, that is)? Maybe a new post for beginners? I'm really trying to learn but there doesn't seem to be much info out there that is catered for beginners, and you have to just through hoops to find what there is.

This got me started with Moonshell, if there's anyone in the same boat as me: http://www.mobydisk.com/techres/nintendods/index.html but there were quite a few things I still needed to work out for myself and from there I'm a bit stuck. I spent hours trying to work out how to play a video file using the inbuilt media player, then discovered that I can't find a converter that works for .dsm files. Another wasted day got me using Moonshell, and DSOrganize, but it took me a while to work out. While I've never been all that into game colsoles etc. I am an IT professional so I at least have some understanding of what people are talking about. I'd hate to think what's like for people who aren't! I'd really like to learn to use the inbuilt software before jaunting off into the Homebrew world but where do I even start?

The problem is that homebrew changes quite often, and it's usually pretty difficult to maintain a large amount of material like this since everything is so dynamic.

You can try looking through the various wikipedia-like sites out there, like the PocketHeaven wiki, GBAtemp wiki, DS-Xtra wiki, etc.

Just for the record, an "emu" is short for an emulator, which is used to make a system simulate another system. For instance, with an emulator you can run NES games on your DS because the emulator interprets the NES games and translates them into something the DS can use. Each emulator requires different setup methods.

I need Help! I've just recently gotten the M3 DS Real bundle but now I'm having problems with the T-Flash Card Reader (http://www.globalsourcesdirect.com/s...-Reader/Detail), meaning I can't copy anything to my DS. Whenever I plug it in I get an error saying:

"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it".

It has been working fine up until today. I've tried all the normal avenues - different USB port, rebooted, uninsalled the USB root hub and rebooted... Nothing seems to work. When I plug it in to a new port it starts to install the drivers but part way through says there was a error and gives me the above error message. The problem only affects this device and all my other USB devices work fine. The error appears whether I have the memory card in it or not and I can read the memory card if I use a different card reader (borrowed...).

I think that I need to manually reinstall the drivers for the card reader but I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know either where I can download a fresh copy of the drivers or another way to fix this? Maybe if I could replace the .dll...? I'm stumped!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information