Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese WiiWare titles pirated on U.S. Wiis

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    So you didn't care about the dangers of removing the time limit from the channels when people had no idea what could happen to them for using 'em... Now you don't care when said channels are going to be made useless when Nintendo decides to paths this? That's nice.

It's going to happen... Hacked channels are based on the same exploits as pirated VC games, and pirated VC games are based on the same exploits as pirated WiiWare games. Fix WiiWare and VC, say goodbye to custom channels.
    ok 1, there might be custom firmware soon and 2 they can "fix" all they like, hackers always win FACT, even the invunerable xbox360 was hacked, not modchips im on about homebrew(linux basicaly) which is the goal of all of this in the 1st place, linux open the hardware to its fullest

Neither of those statements really have anything to do with what I said. I know custom firmwares will come, and I follow the PSP scene... So I know how updates go.

All I was saying is that Jay dangerously (possibility) hacked the custom channels and posted them online for all the impatient people to download. Now he's supporting pirated WiiWare by installing it, which Nintendo IS going to fix. Pushing us back into the hole filled with more impatient people waiting for a work around.

Making what he did in the past even more pointless and reckless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information