Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having Some Trouble with PSP Genesis and Snes9x

PSP User

Default Having Some Trouble with PSP Genesis and Snes9x

Hello again. Well, I'm still learning, but I've come to another point where I need some help. I have just recently tried putting on my first emulators. They seem to work alright because I can see the icons and I can see that it took some space from my memory stick. However, whenever I try to load the roms I put on it, I get the game could not be loaded 80020001 or whatever error. I have version 1.5 firmware. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

Look (see the search button?) for a guide on using kxploit. Sadly, you can't just put the emulator on the PSP and play it, you need to trick your PSP into loading it. Another tool called Sei will also do the trick.

these r already setup:

premade emus

da relic

PSP User

Just a bit after I posted this, I got it to work. However, I still can't play any games. I boot up PSP Genesis and it works and load up the screen, and then it says "Current Dir: [ ms0:/PSP/GAME/PSPGENESIS/Roms/ ] which is where I have my two roms: Jungle.gg (The Jungle Book game from game gear) and Sonic.gg (Sonic 2 from game gear). However, neither of the roms show up and I don't know why that is. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A good guess is that maybe .gg format is not supported. Never used it or even heard of the file type.

PSP User

On the SNES, SEGA & NES Games and Emulators, what works, what doesn't and how they stack up thread, it says that the Sega Genesis emulators, including PSP Genesis also play Game Gear (and MegaDrive). Also on that thread, both games I have (Sonic the Hedgehog and The Jungle Book) are listed under working PSP Genesis games. I hope I can get these to work because I would love to bring back those memories of my friends Game Gear. (The Jungle Book was such a fun game!) Once again, any help would be awesome. Thanks.

When I get home from work, I'll see what I can do. Look for a new Sega guide coming soon as well.

Kaiser, I havent forgotten it, just been busy. Finally got my house almost clean from the flood.

PSP User

Alright thanks. Coincidentally, I was just going to PM you asking if you could help because you know so much.

I know this stuff from reading others experiences and just experiementing with things a lot. I am not too afraid of bricking my PSP, but I am as cautious as I can be hehe.

PSP User

Well, of course, when I tried to put on Snes9x again, I came across different problems. Just like with the PSP Genesis, I got it to load this time, but rather than not being able to play the games (I can on this one), I can't seem to find how to get to the options menu to change your settings. When I load up my game (Mortal Kombat 3) it is reeeeeeeeeally slow and that is why I would like to find the Snes9x options menu so I can take it up to 333 and adjust other stuff to make it faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information