Nintendo has promised to do “better” at E3 next year following the angry reaction from many fans to last night’s showing.
“Thank you for watching,” Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata said on Twitter, as translated by one user. “We take opinions of this year's Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations.”
A Neogaf thread reacting to Nintendo’s Digital Event has now reached 188 pages, most of which comprises statements of disappointment and anger.
“I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. ‘Announce something,’ I shrieked at my computer,” one especially aggrieved user said. “I'm 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I've ever seen in my life. It's clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad.
“I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I'm an empty shell.”
By far the most furious response came following the announcement of Metroid Prime: Federation Force. This seems to have been perceived by many fans as a personal insult, especially as rumours had pointed to a possible new ‘proper’ Metroid title from Retro Studios.
So enraged are some that the option simply not to buy Federation Force is not sufficient. Instead, they are demanding that its very creation be abandoned, presumably for fear that its existence alone will be enough to inflict significant emotional wounds.
“With the release of the Wii U and its greater technological capabilities thousands of fans were expecting a new and improved Metroid game. What we got however is a disgrace of a game with the name ‘Metroid’ slapped on the title,” a Change.org petition states.
“This is not the Metroid we asked Nintendo to make. We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once. Help us stop this atrocity of a game from bearing the beloved Metroid franchise name and make Nintendo halt production on it.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/iwata...owcase/0151373