A second of Nintendo’s highest profile executives has said that Nintendo is not convinced by the current virtual reality boom.
"The current types of virtual reality aren't really a good fit for Nintendo's philosophy of trying to create entertainment that people can play together in the living room," development boss Shigeru Miyamoto told Yahoo.
"We're constantly looking at different technology and experimenting with different elements of it, but we're not feeling virtual reality is currently in a place where it's ready to be released – as a product that fits with our philosophy of fitting in the living room."
The comments follow similar sentiments from Nintendo’s American boss Reggie Fils-Aime, who said earlier this month at E3: "What we believe is that, in order for this technology to move forward, you need to make it fun and you need to make it social.
“I haven't walked the floor, so I can't say in terms of what's on the floor today, but at least based on what I've seen to date, it's not fun, and it's not social. It's just tech."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/miyam...osophy/0151859