Speaking with Fortune, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto says he isn’t as involved with designing the Nintendo NX, the company’s next platform.“I’ve pulled myself back out of some of the hardware section and I’m really focused on some of the software that I’m involved in—for example, the new Star Fox game,” Miyamoto said. “Of course I am observing and looking at the hardware, but I am not actively participating and making decisions.”Meanwhile, Shinya Takahashi, who is the general manager of Nintendo’s SPD department—a position previously occupied by company president Satoru Iwata—says that he believes a lot of the excitement that is absent in the case of the Wii U will return when Nintendo share details about the NX.“For us, the next step is to think about what is going to be that element that is really going to catch the attention of a large number of players again and get them excited,” Takahashi said. “We’re constantly thinking about this idea from the perspective of the players and the needs of the players in terms of what can we can do with our ability and our technology to capture that excitement and passion.”
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/29...GpGlFcP331s.99